Bioshock Infinite

samjc3

#1 Female Member
I loved Bioshock. It's easily in my top 5 of all time. Bioshock 2 was flax, but that's to be expected, what with it being 2k developed, and not by Irrational. With that said, I was apprehensive about Bioshock Infinite. From the very first teaser trailer, I wanted it badly, but I was worried that they wouldn't be able to pull it off. After all, what game has ever had an AI companion character that didn't feel gimicky and stupid (Specifically when said AI has their own mobility - Daxter and the like don't count)? Add to that the crazy ambition of making a Bioshock game without having it feel like a cheap rip on the first. (etc etc, more pre-release woes and possible gripes here)

I love being a pessimist. Because it sure feels fantastic to be proven this wrong. Pleasantly surprised doesn't say it. Irrational has truly done the impossible. I can't even come up with any complaints to make. Everything is flawlessly executed, from characters and writing to the gameplay balance. The world is incredible - Rapture will always have a special place in my heart, but Columbia is probably the best city ever. (more praise and such here)

Overall, I am gonna go with Game of the Year: All Years.

Anybody else been playing this?

What's the premise of this one? Rapture was an objectivist Ayn Randian society gone wrong, what's the concept behind Columbia?

Columbia is a new Eden, and a second ark. A paradise where the good white men and women can stay while the world below is purged.

Effectively replace under the ocean with in the sky and Randism with Cultist morphed christian ideals, white supremacy, and extreme patriotism.

Mako321 said:
Sounds like America
I did like how you can walk into a store with a gun at the ready and nobody even blinks. Having shopped with a gun slung over my shoulder, I can say it's an awesome feeling when nobody even blinks.

Yeah, but apparently you can't run in public in America without being ridiculed or insulted.

What are you talking, *snicker* aboot?
HAHAHAHA, AMERICA, *Can'tSayThisOnTV* YEA

u avin a giggle m8?
u are 1 *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing cheeky lovely lady m8 i swear i am goin 2 wreck u i swear on me mums life and i no u are scared lil Sega gettin your mates to send me messages saying dont meet up coz u r sum big Playstation with muscles lol *Can'tSayThisOnTV*in sad mate really sad jus shows what a scared lil gay boy u are and whats all this crap ur mates sendin me about sum bodybuildin website that 1 of your faverite places to look at men u lil *Can'tSayThisOnTV*in gay boy fone me if u got da balls cheeky prick see if u can step up lil queer

Bought it yesterday, played it yesterday until my eyes felt like they were going to bleed. I couldn't put it down! This game is going to take me a lot longer to complete than it should, because I often stop and just enjoy the ambiance of the city.

Gory as Heck, though.

Back