Basement 360-LOTS O PICS PAGE 2

Re: Basement 360

El wire. And cathodes. Completely new heatsink. And better air flow. If I liked xboxes, I would totallly consider doing something like this.

New heatsink is a no-go, but better airflow is a must. I 12v modded the fans and added a GC fan on the other side of the CPU heatsink. Basically, I wanna make this thing work long enough to sell it + about a month so theres no complaints. This is the 3rd time this particular 360 has been repaired. I'm adding a bunch of LEDs that are lined up like a cathode, but cheaper. I can't think of a way to get better airflow to the GPU, though. It had the old version heatsink.

More fans is not necessarily better. Think aerodynamics. You want a nice, one-way airflow, and maximum airflow to the fins. Put one fan directly in front of each heatsink and build a wind tunnel from the intake to the exhaust.

XCVG said:
More fans is not necessarily better. Think aerodynamics. You want a nice, one-way airflow, and maximum airflow to the fins. Put one fan directly in front of each heatsink and build a wind tunnel from the intake to the exhaust.
The extra fan is aimed the same way as the stock ones. I ain't no fool. :p

Repaired the RRoD, drilled holes in the shielding to hotglue LEDs in , bought 30 blue 3mm LEDs, lost one ::3:, cut out hole in bottom of shielding under heatsinks for extra cooling, and put board back in RF shielding.

One of the best and easiest cooling mods you can do is add a divider in the exhaust tunnel so one fan is pulling air from the GPU heatsink, the other from the CPU. I made one out of cardstock in a couple minutes. It makes it so air actually gets drawn through the GPU heatsink.

I'm gonna do that, and do the thing where you tape the gpu HS to the wind tunnel (its under the disc drive, so you can't see it anyway), but Imma paint the wind tunnel blue first.

Is that fan hot glued to the heatsink?

It looks awesome with the blue LEDs though.

XCVG said:
Is that fan hot glued to the heatsink?

It looks awesome with the blue LEDs though.
Temporarily. XD

Imma superglue it after I'm done and know I won't need to pull it apart again. I'm actually surprised it survives hour-long sessions...

Just came in from a long night of painting. My goal is done by 2 pm tomarrow, but had some issues with red overspray on the white that had clearcoat. :mad:

Tomorrow.

Back