BADS mod idea (but ubër hard)

I have an idea for the most BADS mod evar. I'm not going to do it, but If one of you could, probably only with the aid of divinity, that would own. jus spread the joy by posting pics. ;)
Here's the idea:
1. Get a DSi and a DSiXL. Open both of them and remove the motherboards. with some work, you could attach the DSiXL touchscreen to the DSi mobo and put the DSi mobo and battery inside the DSiXL. rewire Buttonz accordingly.
Viola, you now have a DSiXL with a whole bunch of extra space inside.
2. This would be the hardest part) Then, get a tiny littleplastic enclosure and dremel the top off. Dremel a hole or the same size in the bottom of the DSiXL case. glue the little plastic case over the hole and you have a little square area of your DSiXL that's thicker then the rest. since it's in the middle, it won't interfere with comfort. In this space jam in a GBASP mobo and battery, and uzing ubër fine soldering skillz (which I do not posses) attach it to the touchscreen. build a little mechanism so you can have switch to tell you what system uses the screen. mount it on the top, by the DSi game port. Id' probably put the GBA power switch and volume slider to the bottom of the XL. Wire the B, A, L, and R buttonz plus the D-Pad so that they also are connected to the GBA (no idea how to do this... can buttons even be wired to two systems simultaneously at all?). If you have done all this correctly then there should still be a little room on the left and right sides of the DS. on the left side, under the D-Pad, mount the GBASP speaker. so you have empty room on the right, now, huh? well, have no fear, we'll use that too.
3. Easy Part. Dremel a tiny screen hole here and cram an LED modded Pokéwalker in there, with maybe a hatch in the back for removal.

You now have the most BA DS ever. Sell it for huge amounts of money and then do it again for yourself, the second one will obviously be better and you will have made a profit. :awesome:
I don't think anyone could or will ever do this, It's horribly inefficient (Three separate batteries!) Freakishly hard to do (GBASP and DSi boards are VERY hard to handle, so many minute details), but you have to admit, if it were made, th BADS would own all. A DSi with backwards compatibility all the way back to the original Gameboy with a built-in pokéwalker to boot. Boner.
I know this would never happen, but hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

jleemero said:
snowpenguin said:
Since when does a gameboy mobo work with a DSi screen.....?
Kill yourself
That's a bit overboard, don't you think?
And NO, I don't think this could ever happen, I just was fantasizing. sheesh.
jleemero said:
@Oldewindmill
The screens are very different, it'd look like flux.
No it wouldn't. BECAUSE IT WOULDN'T EXIST.
βeta said:
Why use an SP and not a Micro?
Because:
Square shape easier to work with
Screen size
Backwards compatibility. the GBmicro can play GBA games. the GBA and GBASP can play GBA, GBC, and original GB games.
THIS IS A LAME FANTASY I TYPED THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN, THE ONLY FEASIBLE BIT IS THE POKÉWALKER THING.
Besides, you can get GBA, GBC, and GB emus for the DSi if you have and r4, a cycloDS, or something similar.

This thread therfore has no purpose.

Locked.

//This post has no purpose. Locked.

Are there pics of the XL or DSi mobos? I can't imagine the XL mobo would be much (any?) different.

A cool fantasy though. :)

J.D said:

Locked.

These posts from you used to be funny...but after the third or fortieth one, they got a bit old. QUIDDIT OK PLoX :sweat:

Oldewindmill said:
No it wouldn't. BECAUSE IT WOULDN'T EXIST.
THIS IS A LAME FANTASY I TYPED THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN, THE ONLY FEASIBLE BIT IS THE POKÉWALKER THING.

Please, stop the baby whining in bold? Honestly, it makes you look twelve years old. Having a sig that says you're a newbie and we should SHUT UP doesn't make an excuse for foolishness.

eurddrue said:
J.D said:

Locked.

These posts from you used to be funny...but after the third or fortieth one, they got a bit old. QUIDDIT OK PLoX :sweat:

Is it just me, or do you only post things to insult JD :neutral2:

eurddrue said:
J.D said:

Locked.

I love you too babe.

Back