Bad Computer Problem (Fan I think)

If you want me to take a looksee at it, feel free to ship it to me with my other payment, I could try and fix it. :mrgreen:

Yep, there are a few models where the warranty was extended, but not yours. They will fix it for $350. :(

You can sell a good condition one (What are the specs on yours?) for about $300-350 on ebay, in the state it is, it may be a bit hard.

Oh! And when you get your desktop... Screw spending $900, if you are gonna spend that much, get a $500-600 desktop, and use the rest to buy a HannsG 28" LCD monitor. It has component inputs, too! :mrgreen:

I don't think my parents would appreciate me sending my laptop to you (appreciate is a sugar coating)

I don't even thing a 28" would fit on my dresser. It might but I'm not sure.

Nice! I haven't been to Costco in such a long time....

Anyway, where can I find the specs? In system Information?

If you can still get into windows, go to control panel, system... Oh wait, is this vista? :wtf:

But yeah, system info is where it is at. Or the "Vista Welcome Center".

The computer works fine, you can still do everything normally.

Here are the specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 1.5 GHz
Graphics: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
RAM: 4GB

Anything else I'm missing

DJ711 said:
Mobile Intel 965

c846f640-432a-4cdd-8fb2-2e724a700722rageguy.jpg

Yeah, pull it apart for dust and check the fans.

Yes I know it sucks it's like HP just went FLIPPED ME OFF WHEN I BOUGHT IT!!!

Why the sudden change in thought?

I just don't care anymore, my parents gave me the okay to sell it and to buy a new desktop.

Well, you said that you took my advice and installed critical drivers, so all that is left is hardware failure. :(

Lemme know when you are selling it, there is a small chance I will want it. I do not need it as a laptop, just as a small computer to run media center stuff well, it should be up to the task.

PalmerTech said:
Well, you said that you took my advice and installed critical drivers, so all that is left is hardware failure. :(

Lemme know when you are selling it, there is a small chance I will want it. I do not need it as a laptop, just as a small computer to run media center stuff well, it should be up to the task.
No, I just installed what it told me to. The RAID controller (Do you know what it is?)

Ah, I see. Go to the drivers page, update all your drivers, update your BIOS, everything. Worst case, you are fully up to date. ;)

PalmerTech said:
Ah, I see. Go to the drivers page, update all your drivers, update your BIOS, everything. Worst case, you are fully up to date. ;)
That would be in help and support correct? I'm not very good with computers

EDIT: I'm up to date on everything

Back