Backing up PS3 games

Re: Backing up PS3 games/ Hacking PS3

Well i was not planning to distribute it

I just wanted to make a backup because my friend is going to borrow my ps3

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic.

I believe if your PS3 console still has the Other OS feature you can backup the games via a special process in Linux. However, this is pointless for now because there is no current way to play PS3 ISOs on a commercial PS3 console.

No reason to unless you want to back up some blu ray movies you have, and you need otheros for it to happen. (still waiting for oo fw to come out) PS3 SAK is best for backing up, though.

It can EASILY be tracked by Sony, it is speculated that this is the reason for the PSN being updated.(To ban people) Clones are going to be released relatively soon, too.

There is a PSP port and an Android port in the works. I'll wait for that to be released instead. I was quite surprised a few days ago at how simple this exploit actually is.

no, so you can hack a psp, or android device with it too. I assume they found some baseline flaw in usb security params or something that will let em open a ton of devices up.

Back