Audio amp problem

moyakong

Guys i just bought some speakers with a mini amp inside with batteries for iphone. So what i did is connect the left and right audio where they are suppose to be on the gc. Now, i cut (on the speakers) the cable for the batteries AA, then i tried to connect the amp with the 5v pin on the gamecube and the other to the ground.
Then i went to try the gamecube, it didnt turned on, so i cut the cables and sudently it start to work again. I try my best to follows ksars guide but they dont show where to connect and power the audio amp. By the way im not planning to use batteries for the gcp.
Please help guys!!!

IMG_20130829_090551_zpsb0188919.jpg

20130829_205536_zps6c931421.jpg

20130829_2056571_zpsd5a43330.jpg

20130829_205513_zps60d4ddb8.jpg

IMG_20130829_0901571_zpsd49427ed.jpg

2xAA

Now, since nobady was replying lol, i made the mistake to connect it to the 12v that power the gcp lol i turned it on and the little led was about to explode (from the mini amp), even the little board start to smoke alilbit, i decided then to plugit back in the 5v, surprise, the led was on...... BUT NO SOUND! I tried the liltle sound fix from tchayi think, but still doesnt work.
Do you think that the lil sound board is burned?
In the pictures can you see if my sound cable are well connected?
How çan i see with a mltimetre if the board is burned?
The worse part is that the led works!!!!!! So can the led work even if the board is burned?
Well thanks for youre reply amigo!

2x AA would be 3 volts. If you inputted 5v, that could be where you went wrong. Especially inputting 12v could have easily fried your audio amp. Can't be completely sure but that's my two cents.

Btw where did you get that amp and how much did it cost? Do you have a name/model number? If it's a decent amp it looks to be very compact with lots of room to reduce its size even further.

moyakong said:
I just checked its 3x AAA, how many volts is that?
AAA, AA, C, D alkaline batteries are 1.5v each (1.2 for NiMH and NiCd rechargeables). 3x1.5=....

If you made it smoke, its probably dead. The LED is probably connected directly to the power and got lucky. It doesn't show if the amp is actually working, just that it has power.

I would say it's fried for sure, I was trying to help but I do this thing is called life. I have to deal with just like you do. If you can't get the answers to your questions when you want them, have some patience till you can get some answers. Sorry I can't sit next to my pc or kick it with my phone all day.

I really appreciate your help...
But when I said that nobody answrred, I wasn't talking about you. Were in a forum and there's alot of pleople here, so don't think that ure the only one. If I was really waiting for you're one and only answer I would have pm you. Conclusion, continue with ur life and dont think people are depending on you because is not the case.

Thanks for the replys this subjet is closed!

There's a general guideline of waiting at least 24 hours before bumping your own topic. You posted at 10PM my time and again at 8AM the next morning. Chances are most people didn't even see your topic before you bumped it.

Guys, another problem now, no sound.....

I bought a new audio amp and plugged everything and.... NO SOUND....

i dont know if this has something to do with it. I broke theise two little things lol

28de1b62f6b733e3b66e061afca2cb67_zpsee15f812.jpg

I tried tchay audio fix but it doesnt work or i didnt pluggit right.
Please help.
Reminder the audio amp needed 3 AAA baterries so i pluggedit in the 5v pin and to the ground. Just like in the pictures above.

UPDATE: It could be this also,
20130829_2056571_zpsd5a43330.jpg

The three pins on the top right corner, was a cable that were meant to be plugged in the iphone audiojack. I took it out and then i solded them to the r/l/gr pins on the gamecube. I did good or no ?

I'm sure that amp will handle 5v but stay with something small. But those 2 things you broke are for audio. You need to replace them with electrolytic capacitors of equal value.

Re:

DuHasst0 said:
I'm sure that amp will handle 5v but stay with something small. But those 2 things you broke are for audio. You need to replace them with electrolytic capacitors of equal value.

Do you know by any chance what arethe valuesof those caacitors? I could go tomorrow and buy them. But are u sure is for audio, bcause everything seems to be working just fine. Anyways gracias amigo!

Re:

DuHasst0 said:
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu4/Ashen12345/Definitive%20GC%20Motherboard%20Trimming%20Guide/18.png

As for the values they are printed on top of the cap.

Wow men thanks, I think I passed the whole forum but I didn't see this picture. Ill try to buyem today and ill tell you. Thanks for ur help its apreciated!

Your welcome but I also urge you to pause for the cause on your gcp and check out the sticky of this thread for the wii gc and wii u portable and console info. In there is Ashen's trimming guide, even though your not trimming your board there is alot of good information in that thread about what goes where.

Back