Ashen's Wii Laptop

Ashen

GameCube Révolutionary
So yea, this things been done for a week or more now. I finished it and decided to binge watch all 5 seasons of The Walking Dead again though. So this post is a little late. :D

I wanted to make a Wii logo inside a circular ring out of the red vinyl wrap i bought for the top of the screen but each time I tried to cut the logo out by hand I got crap results, so I nixed it. I also nixed covering up the hinges. I did try some things there too but I like the way they look exposed more than I did with the methods I used trying to hide them.

Anyway, pics and video! Enjoy:

Vidya was taken with my iPhone. Sorry for the quality:

Specs:

Custom made bottom chassis, unit is roughly 15.5" x 11.5" x 1.75" when shut (screen & bottom together).
17" widescreen laptop monitor from a Dell Inspiron 1720
5000mAh 14.8v li-poly battery pack. Lasts a little over 2hrs on a full charge (god that screen is power hungry).
Lasts roughly 4.5hrs with the screen and other portable components turned off (wii only mode).
Stereo sound, headphone output. AV out (component only).
4x GC controller ports, Wii sync button, Wii usb port and "built in" removable 500GB USB HDD.

Looks sweet! Have any pictures of the insides? Battery details (I didn't hear you mention them, but I didn't see a power cord)?

Thanks so much guys! Sorry for my late reply. Things have been crazy around here trying to get ready for Christmas. Updated the first post with some specs. Cause, you know, I forgot to do that the first time.

vskid3 said:
Looks sweet! Have any pictures of the insides? Battery details (I didn't hear you mention them, but I didn't see a power cord)?

My buildlog is here on the forums. The redux stuff started around here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=9390&start=40

Here's an insides shot anyway. :)

ProgMetalMan said:
Hnnnng
Great to see you again!

I'm always here, lurking, Prog.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Ashen said:
vskid3 said:

My buildlog is here on the forums. The redux stuff started around here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=9390&start=40
:oops: I guess that's what I get for not checking any of the console forums any more...

I really should do something with the Wii I have collecting dust on my desk. I softmodded it a while back, but that was it.

Even though I am a little disappointed that you didnt stick with the Bratz case (which I am sure is because of space in it), this ended up looking quite nice. Excellent work!

Back