Ashen's Wii Laptop ~ Worklog ~

ToastBucket said:
I love that solder station ::3: Do you plan on using a WiiKey or just straight WBFS loading?

<3 my Weller. :)

I think I'm gonna go softmod usb loader for Wii games and I'll add in a Wiikey Fusion for loading GC games, as there is currently no way to load GC games from a usb hdd through softmod.

Tried softmod HDD loading without the DVD drive board hooked up, was a no go. If you want softmod HDD loading you need to at least have the dvd drives daughterboard hooked up. Apparently softmod usb loaders still make calls to the drive.

might I support the cause for a keyboard to be included by submitting that a keyboard would allow easy chatting in online games that allow keyboard support such as Monster Hunter Tri? Also as you are already homebrew hacking the Wii, it would work nicely with DOSBox.

You should just wire in the dongle for a small keyboard like this one so you can use a keyboard if you want it, but you don't have to build it into the case

I've got a question, for the batteries, how much better are 4 than 3 lipos (since 3 lipos fully charged already give off ~12.6v)?
Will probably be attempting a wii handheld in the future, and was thinking about using 6, 2 groups of 3.

The Wii requires 11ish volts to boot, so if your 11.1v pack is fully charged its fine. Once the voltage drops below 11ish volts though if you turn it off and attempt to turn it back on you're screwed. Best to use a 14.8v pack.

DAMNIT. I was shaking with excitement when I saw Ashen posted in here again, and then it was just answering a question. :(

WHY, Cojiro, WHYYYY?
*don't answer this*

The Wii only needs the full 12V to boot, right? Would it be possible to step it up for the first X seconds, and then relay it to a regular Y volt regulator to keep the Wii on and save amperage?

Very much so. I've got all the stuff piled up here wauting to be worked on. Problem is I'm easily distracted....

I'll be finishing up all the projects I've half started/finished here over the next few months. :D

I'm going to be a bit of a Bratz, and ask if there are any updates on this coming...

Are there any updates on this coming?

Back