Are these parts usable with my broken computer?

Pally321

I want to use an hp desktop that died a couple years back for a new upgraded computer, also, I wanted to ask, the desktop froze on me on day and I could never get it to turn on, even though the power light was on. My first question is, is this a problem with the power supply?
Second question, I found some parts to upgrade the computer, and wanted to ask, are these parts compatible on my computer?

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

ASUS P8B75-M LE LGA 1155 Intel B75 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom

ASUS HD7850-DC2-2GD5 Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

Uhm, if it's a full sized tower, you shouldn't have any problems re-using the case... but as far as the parts being compatible, I seriously doubt your two of most everything will play with each other nice...

Not to mention what happens when your two rigs try accessing the same drives to figure out what the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* they're supposed to do.

We have no idea if any of the parts you listed will fit because you've barely given us any information about what it is you've got to work with. We don't know if it's a laptop or a full tower, so we can't tell you if the new parts you want to buy will fit into its case. You basically asked us if you can swap a Ford 4.6L Modular V8 into your blue car.

Judging from what you've told us up to this point, my advice is to spend the extra $50 on a new case. You can probably reuse the optical drive and hard drive from the HP, but I recommend getting a new hard drive unless the old one is only a couple years old. Don't buy refurbished hard drives unless you like rolling the dice on a 90 day warranty.

You should have stated it like that, then.

As far as fixing your old computer, you didn't even begin to give enough details for us to do anything.
If it's hanging on startup, then you probably just need to reinstall your OS, and everything will be fine. If it's never getting past the system check in the BIOS, that's something totally different.
WHEN it stops working is important.
Have you tried plugging a new video card in, and seeing if it outputs through there? What about checking for beep codes? Seriously, there is TON of troubleshooting you still need to do.
If the light turns on, I doubt it's your power supply. Judging by what I've seen so far, I wouldn't at all be surprised if it were the video card or the OS, two things that are a lot easier and cheaper to replace than the entire computer.

If it is the HDD, or the OS, you're going to spend all that money on a new rig and have the same problem. Not fun.

Back to the car analogy, it's like if you're asking why your blue car won't drive, but not letting us know if you have a key, gas in the tank, a transmission, your alternator, cylinder heads, a camshaft, a wheel lock on the passenger side rear tire, etc...

Honestly, I'm fairly sure I know the problem with the computer is the power, seeing now the computer won't turn on at all, sorry I forgot to mention that.
And I was trying to make it clear that my question was that the parts were compatible with each other.

EDIT: Scratch that... for some reason, now it turns on, but for some reason my screen doesn't recognize it, i'll try on my TV and see if it works.
EDIT AGAIN: Doesn't work on the tv, so i'm guessing it's either the Video Card or Hard Drive.

It's all decent hardware. Throw in a new hard drive, re-use the optical drive, and re-use the case if the parts will fit.

Back