Apps on osx86?

snowpenguin

Frequent Poster
If I get a netbook and get OSX86 running, would I be able to run ipad/iphone/ipod touch apps on it, is there any way?

Could make more sense to make a nettablet rather than buy an ipad........... If only?

Yes/No?

AFAIK no. I don't see why you would want to, though. There are better, free alternative to almost every app you can get, especially if you run Windows or Linux instead of OSX.

And yes, the iPad is an overrated ripoff that Apple, like usual, has billed as "revolutionary". The sad part is that a lot of people believe it.

If you install the Apple SDK, you could use the emulator.

Of course, it would hardly work on the Atom.

And, XCVG is right.

That does not emulate ARM. That has the OS compiled for x86. When you develop apps and test them, it builds it for x86. That's why the simulator is a bit buggy, and testing on real hardware is necessary.

snowpenguin said:
If I get a netbook and get OSX86 running, would I be able to run ipad/iphone/ipod touch apps on it, is there any way?

To develop iPhone applications, You need the iPhone SDK, Which in turn requires Mac OS X version 10.5 (Intel). If you can satisfy this requirement in your OS X installation, then you can build iPhone apps. Whether you can test them just as easily depends on USB support in your installation.

mrksem454 said:
snowpenguin said:

To develop iPhone applications, You need the iPhone SDK, Which in turn requires Mac OS X version 10.5 (Intel). If you can satisfy this requirement in your OS X installation, then you can build iPhone apps. Whether you can test them just as easily depends on USB support in your installation.

Wow, is he a bot or a real user? His typing style and such screams bot, but he's giving us useful information :p Maybe they've made useful bots!

Could an MR Bot be programmed? If someone asks a question in a post, maybe we could have an MR Bot give appropriate answers!

Q: Can I use PSP LCD with my n64?

A: Lol no.

Q: Where can I find (random part or tool)

A: Hardware store, eBay, digikey, etc.

Q: Why is my motherboard not working?

A: You may have a solder bridge present on your board. You may also have cut a trace needed for the board to run. Visually check that no traces have been torn and use a multimeter to confirm this. Try checking here (random thread with similar problem) to see what you might have broken.

Q: What kind of batteries do I need for (random system) to run for three hours?

A: (Random system) uses ___ ma in three hours at ___ volts. Depending on what type of lcd or other accessories you use, you should use batteries with ___ capacity. Remember to wire cells in series or parallel depending on what voltage you require.

Q: (Any question that has been asked a million times.)

A: First of all, please check the mega-sticky in this forum before asking questions. If this has still not answered your question, please wait for a forum user to answer your questions.

Something along those lines. I sure wish I had the patience to do something like that. Would make things a ton easier than having regular users point to stickies, looking up items on eBay, or answering repetitive questions over and over again for teh noobs. Thoughts?

Maybe the megabite bot palmer has/was going to use.
(and I thought you could input rgb to a psp screen, so a rev 4 and under n64 could use a psp screen, people just wouldn't want to use it)

XCVG said:
AFAIK no. I don't see why you would want to, though. There are better, free alternative to almost every app you can get, especially if you run Windows or Linux instead of OSX.

And yes, the iPad is an overrated ripoff that Apple, like usual, has billed as "revolutionary". The sad part is that a lot of people believe it.
I completely disagree with the whole iPad thing.
The iPad has great website and youtube loading times.
HD videos look fantastic.
The jailbreak is awesome.
Great for reading books, viewing pics watching movies.
It's like the white kids boombox.
^ I came up with that one :p

Back