any good Trackball mice?

The Logitech m570 is the only trackball I seen that i like. The main thing is what type of trackball do you want to use, theres a few deferent types. Some you use your fingertips to move, some your palm, and some with your thumb.

Did you see the mod-ed-did-ted trackball mouse hybrid thing I made?

Trackballs aren't generally used for FPS, imo. However, I also have used the Logitech m570 with success in Minecraft. It is kind of awkward to do a 180 degree turn, but I imagine if you turned up the sensitivity super high you could do it. It would be quite hard to aim at that point, though.

:awesomeish:

well i like trackballs that i use my finger tips on since i have more control. The only reason i dont like the m570 is because the balls on my on my thumb and it just feels awkward. is there any others that are centered around gaming?

flamestained said:
well i like trackballs that i use my finger tips on since i have more control. The only reason i dont like the m570 is because the balls on my on my thumb and it just feels awkward. is there any others that are centered around gaming?
Turn down your DPI and play around with polling rates.

The Logitech M570 uses mouse acceleration to make up for how bad the laser trackball is. Completely useless for games, but alright for surfing. I think I managed to disable it, but no matter how much you mess with it, its always there messing your aim up. Plus it's wireless, so it will lag a minimal amount. I hated it, returned it to best buy 7 days later. I tried hard to like it, used it the whole 7 days, it still just didnt work right.

The best "new" (higher response time, DPI count) trackball I have found is actually an ebay find. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Laptop-PC-Optic ... 45ff12aac5

its around $20 shipped, the wired version comes with a 1200 dpi sensor. It does come in a 1000 DPI wireless version too. The ebay-china thing is a factor though. Some of these I have purchased had either cheap metal bearings (bad), or some of the newer ones had ceramic bearings. The ceramic were SOOO much smoother than the steel ones. I could actually "roll" the trackball the way its supposed to be! With that you can do complete perfect 180 spins in shooters by rolling the ball, but while still having the sensitivy low enough to snipe from that turn. Its sweet.

It uses a red pixelated 1" trackball marble. Again I have had one where quaility was a problem, as there were multiple divots in the tracbkall surface. The seller sent me another but it was from hong kong and thats like 3-4 weeks at least. So buy from a USA seller should you get a defect, just in case you want the replacement in next year or two.

Performance wise the trackball works AWESOME. I couldnt believe how well it works. Importunately the case for the thing is awful to actually use. The sometimes advertised "stress revealing dolphin shape" (why dolphins are ergonomic to our hands, I don't know.) is just hard to hold in every way possible. It feels like a mashed dryed up fruit in your hand. However, if you were brave enough to cut certain parts out and put them into a mouse case ala-franken style. The best dang mouse out there is in your hands. For a desktop mouse some might think the 1" trackball is a bit small. So you could always install it into another (older, outdated DPI) logitech or microsoft tracbkall if you wanted.

Or you can do this as well. http://dufentech.com/keyball-controller-v2/

http://dufentech.com/keyball-controller/
Here is another one but it uses a logitech 800 DPI trackball. It's crazy how much better the Ebay Special is from that old clunker. With the logitech ball on just about any game I find myself maxxing the sensitivity just to get it right.

Anyways. Hope that helps.

Back