Another Xbox 360 WVI

Hackmodford

I started this post on the benheck forums... but there's like no activity going on there so I'm going to see if things are better here...
Anyways this is 3 posts that I joined together :D

Okay I'm going to try this.

Basically I"m trading my wii for an xbox 360... woopee!

I have a 7" widescreen LCD
I will have the controller.

I need batteries...
I really need to build a case

I will have to buy a video/audio baby monitor (or something better if you guys can think of it)

I am going to end up with a small handheld xbox 360 (that really just is a wireless screen/controller)

Sound like a good idea?
==========================================
Okay I've done a little research and it looks cheaper to go with one of these

http://www.securitycamera2000.com/produ ... 700mW.html

Only problem is I don't know what frequency it is tecknott says to avoid 2.4GHz

According to this site
http://www.rockyamericas.com/usa/produc ... _500T.html

It's at 0.9 - 1.2 GHz

But it looks like a different transmitter... but the receiver looks the same so I should be good right?
The only downside that I didn't forsee to this project is no stereo sound :cry:

Unless you guys got a better idea ;)
==========================================
Okay! I called them and they said it comes as 1.2GHz so that should be great! (and it's cheap :D )

I will order this on the weekend. in the meantime I just gotta wait for my 360 + controller and start designing a simple case.

PL0175-1.jpg

Dear god, why composite? I honestly don't think it's worth it for a 360 wvi, just because most games are unplayable at 640x480.

mako321 said:
Dear god, why composite? I honestly don't think it's worth it for a 360 wvi, just because most games are unplayable at 640x480.
I fully disagree. I play all my console games at 490i, and they are all perfectly fine.

@Hackmodford:
Good luck, looks good to me, and welcome to modretro!

AFAIK, with a WVI composite is the best you're going to get. There are very few, if any, video transmission devices that use anything better.

Good luck with your project!

mako321 said:
I would rather put it to better use with a SNES or something.

Might as well just make a Snes portable, WVI's are realy good for consoles too big and power hungry to be proper portables. I play Xbox 360 games on my standard def Tv all the time. Only problem I ever had was the teeny text on Mass Effect, but they patched that.

DK  said:
WVI's are realy good for consoles too big and power hungry to be proper portables. I play Xbox 360 games on my standard def Tv all the time. Only problem I ever had was the teeny text on Mass Effect, but they patched that.
If only I had XBL -_- I ended up selling DA:O because I couldn't read a thing on the screen.

My 360 never gets used. I played through MW2 mainly on my 27" SDTV, but it was difficult and kind of unpleasant. These days you pretty much need an HDTV.

Small screens are actually better in some ways. Since it's in a smaller area, it will be sharper and clearer for a given resolution. That being said, small stuff will still be small. On the other hand, with a portable or WVI you'll be a lot closer to the screen.

I may be biased though, since I've been a PC gamer since I was four (and thus accustomed to small monitors up close) and nearsighted (meaning I can see things up close way better).

Back