Android Users: We have a N64 emulator!

Runs MArio perfectly on my Streak too. Tragically Paper Mario doesn't work yet :(

Runs SSB as well as my lappy and orcarina of time is great!

Yup, speed and compatibility are both fantastic.

GOLDENEYE, *Can'tSayThisOnTV* YEAH.

Picked it up yesterday.

vskid3 said:
Worth the $6? I've been thinking of getting it for my Fascinate and Nook Color.
Definitely, most games run great and I also have the same phone so I don't see why it wouldn't be the same for you.

Fascinate running 2.2 SuperClean 2.6, max CPU set to 1GHz in setCPU
SM64 - Just about perfect
Mario Kart - playable, probably 80-90% speed
SSB - playable, probably 90% speed (100% in 1 player link vs link, no user input)

Nook Color running rooted stock 2.1, max CPU set to 800MHz in setCPU
SM64 - Just about perfect
Mario Kart - playable, probably 70-80% speed
SSB - playable, probably 70-80% speed

Couldn't notice a difference between sound on/off or display scaled/not (I could time a "3 minute" match in SSB and see if there really is any difference). My Fascinate and Nook Color are nearly identical hardware-wise, same CPU, but the GPU in the Fascinate is slightly newer (PowerVR SGX 540 vs 530 in the Nook), the higher res screen didn't seem to hinder the Nook. I'm guessing if you OC'd the Nook to 1GHz, performance would be the same as the Fascinate at 1GHz.

If there is any game that someone wants me to test on either of them, just let me know. We should compile a list of how games run on different hardware and Android versions (with a setup similar to what I used to post).

I heard about this when it was released a few days ago. Sadly, I doubt it'll run very well for me until I get a new phone.

my brother's got a Motorola Droid overclocked to about 1GHz, I think. Will that be good?

Well, Toast said he's running it pretty well on his droid.

I know Jelly had a droid too, but I think he said something about getting a new phone a while back, dunno if he actually ended up doing so.

Twilight Wolf said:
I'll have to try this on my Nook Col--$5.99?

:stare:

Eh... can't spare the funds right now. :/
Suck it up, cheapskate. :p It'll be the best $6 you spend on an app. If you OC your Nook it should be able to keep up with the current phones, at least the way mine seems compares to my phone.

Here is a little speed test I did with SSB, 1 minute match, human Yoshi vs level 3 computer Kirby on Starfox level, no user input.

Nook Color running rooted stock 2.1 @800MHz
no sound, screen not stretched - 72 seconds ~83%
no sound, screen stretched - 79 seconds ~76%
sound, screen not stretched - 72 seconds ~83%
sound, screen stretched - 79 seconds ~76%

Samsung Fascinate running 2.2 SC 2.8 @1GHz
Fullspeed on all

Sound appears to make no difference in performance, so turning off the sound probably just mutes it. Stretching hurts performance a bit, but it doesn't make too much of a difference. If you like the look of it stretched, you might as well use it. I personally like it not stretched because it keeps my fingers more out of the way.

Edit: OC'd Nook to 1.1GHz. SM64 is noticeably smoother, but SSB is only helped a bit (maybe 85% now). However, the whole OS is much snappier.

Zero said:
Well, Toast said he's running it pretty well on his droid.

I know Jelly had a droid too, but I think he said something about getting a new phone a while back, dunno if he actually ended up doing so.

I'm not overclocked (the overclock program I got doesn't work for my droid even though it says it does in the description. Something about a module not loading. :( ) But it runs pretty well at 800MHz.

Some games don't load, like Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 and Banjo Kazooie/Banjo Tooie. All 4 of these games just crash at the start menu. Sucks because those are the ones I want to play the most :/

Kirby64 runs at like 90% speed with some slowdowns/bad graphics in the menus.

Monopoly64, F Zero X, and Super Mario64 run 97-100%

Super Mario Kart actually didn't work too well for me.

OoT was at about 65-75%.

zeturi said:
I'm still making an N64p, so there. No slowdowns for me. :D :trollface:
My phone can fit in pocket, so there. :trollface:

OCing a Nook Color to 1.1GHz doesn't help too much, there must be something else holding it back, maybe the GPU.

Zelda OOT runs nearly perfect on my Fascinate.

Man, this really makes me want a panda board. Although its almost as big as my new PC, so whatever. Why does nobody make a development board that is smaller than a damned cell phone? Because I dont want an experia play, but I want real controls. (looking into a new cell phone, by the way.)

Moto Droid, OC'd 1GHz, *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing everything is playable, but the framerate's could be better.
Moto Droid 2, OC'd 1.2GHz, *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing everything is playable, but the difference from the Droid is basically null.

Moto Droid 2, OC'd 1.2GHz, Near-AOSP ROM (Fission), everything is playable, smooth, sexy, perfect.

The only reason I am not removing your borderline piracy link, Mako, is because the maker of this program apparently just stole the source code from an open source project, removed all the credits in the code, then started selling it.

A bit sad I supported him, now.

Back