Amplifying composite? [56k]

samjc3

#1 Female Member
i have been looking into running an FC-16 GO without the larger of the two boards, and i do have it working. (there will be a guide soon, worry not) However, when i hook video up to a 3.5" screen (number two from hail's review) and the picture is a little fuzzy and very dim and off color. i hooked it up to my TV, a psone screen and my madcatz gamescreen and the quality was fine. my guess is that the 3.5" doesnt have a built in video amplifier. any ideas on how to fix it? i assume if i just run the video through some sort of amplifier it will be fine?
0330001305.jpg

330001307.jpg

and, yes, that is what the screen really looks like. it not a bad picture. ;)
EDIT: it isnt the screen either. it works fine with other video inputs and i tested several other of my 3.5" screens and they all done it. :gonk:

I have tried it with all my 3.5" screens and composite from the old Lcd and from the video out and they all worked fine with a 7.4v battery.

My guess is you have a voltage problem with the screen or an interference problem if using a step up regulator.

hailrazer said:
I have tried it with all my 3.5" screens and composite from the old Lcd and from the video out and they all worked fine with a 7.4v battery.

My guess is you have a voltage problem with the screen or an interference problem if using a step up regulator.
are you using the video out on the daughterboard? i get fine video there. but i am running video straight off the small board with the cart slot attached. power is via 7.4v li-poly's and a 7805 (and a ld33 for the controller). i can run it off the power fine with the daughter board attached, but without it i get these results. i assume that all the stuff on the daughterboard that the video signal is routed through is a video amplifier, but i cant use that. also, keep in mind that my FC-16 is a v2, so there may be some differences. ;)

XCVG = AWESOME
0401002023.jpg

0401002022.jpg

it turns out that i didnt need an amp. i needed a resistor. when i made the amp xcvg posted the quality was just crazy bad. (like, pure fuzz) so i thought about it and slapped a resistor on the line. now it works fine. the quality isnt perfect, but its better than the original screen (from the FC-16 go) so i am not complaining. :awesome:

Wow. WOW! Dude, once you figure out mA consumption, post it. I will make a SNES portable out of one of these. Some day.

HEY, WAIT ONE SECOND! I AM EASILY TRICKED. DID YOU TRICK ME ON APRIL FOOLS DAY?! :evil2: :eek:

Check the mA draw of the screen, will you? :awesome:

Also, link to a pic in my Instructable = sweet.

Back