ALIEN SWARM

That looks pretty awesome, and I love that its free. Anyone here up for some co-op once its released?

Zero said:
That looks pretty awesome, and I love that its free. Anyone here up for some co-op once its released?
You know it.

The game itself is fun, but I do have some complaints, mostly having to do with the way online is handled.

First, is that just me or does Source have crappy online? Every Source engine game I've played lags quite a bit more than other online games, and I've already experienced a server crash in Alien Swarm after playing for maybe an hour. Before the sever crashed it was INSANELY laggy and would glitch out instead of just lagging or pausing. It may just be a lack of optimization, though, since I've never had any problems with CS:S.

Second, I hate the sever browser. Please, could you at least give us the option of using a traditional sever browser? The current method is quite confusing and I would actually prefer a matchmaking-type system where you select map, difficulty, etc and it either jumps in or gives you a list.

When I hit tab, there is no player list or way to check my score or ping. It's probably in there somewhere, but can't you leave it as is?

You know me, pointing out the bad parts and not the good parts. Good parts include: gratuitous shooting, neat co-op aspect, MINIGAMES!, and cool guns.

Pretty cool game. Played with Thursty and T_W, and without a medic it's *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing hard.

Back