Adding a headphone jack to a TDA7053A

neverused

I've built my audio amp with a TDA7053A, but the data sheet only makes provision for two speakers. I honestly cannot think of any other solution to add a headphone jack, other than to use a DPDT switch to choose between the speakers and jack. I have the link to the datasheet and was wondering if anyone else had a better idea?

Thanks!

Some headphone jacks have built in switches that redirect the signal out the headphone jacks when you plug headphones in.

I have a few that have that internal switch, but the problem is that there is no apparent pin for the switch on the IC. Because this is the case I can't quite figure out where to attach the switch pin on the IC and am thinking I'll simply have to leave the switch pin unused. Instead I may have to hook up only the ground and left/ right channels, and use a separate switch to choose whether I use the speakers or headphone jack.

neverused said:
I have a few that have that internal switch, but the problem is that there is no apparent pin for the switch on the IC. Because this is the case I can't quite figure out where to attach the switch pin on the IC and am thinking I'll simply have to leave the switch pin unused. Instead I may have to hook up only the ground and left/ right channels, and use a separate switch to choose whether I use the speakers or headphone jack.

Wait, switch pin? No, you've got it wrong. You need a headphone jack with built in switches. It should have 5 pins. Basically you hook your amp to the jack, then connect the jack to your speakers. When you plug in headphones, it will switch to your headphones.

What I as referring to was pins 2 and 3 on the diagram labelled D in the pic below.
Phone_jack_symbols.png

Oh wait... would this work?
headphone.jpg

Back