About my absence.

Twilight Wolf

Frequent Poster
Oh hey guys, what's up? Been a while. I actually can't even remember the last thing I posted here... sorry about that. Stuff out of my control has happened. Here's what's been going on, in essence: my family and I have been dealing with homelessness for about eight months now. Back in July we had a really flaxty turn of events and our house burned partially. Fire Marshall said it was most likely caused by faulty old wiring in the attic. No one was hurt, thankfully. Most of the house was actually okay, so our stuff was mostly salvageable, but because we had an old wood-shingled roof, most of that burned before the fire was stopped, so the house was deemed unfit for habitation. We were given a week to get our stuff out, and the place was condemned. Some of my stuff went into a storage unit, but most of it was sold off or given away. Traded my desktop to a local friend for his laptop. We stayed with relatives for about a month and I got a job working the graveyard shift at the Barnes and Noble warehouse out here, doing security. I decided to strike out on my own and I lived in a long-term stay motel from September to a few weeks ago. Homeowner's insurance has been a Sega to work with thus far, so my parents only now re-settled in a new place and I moved back in with them. So now I'm back, and thankfully I'm just *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing with you guys and happy April Fool's Day.

How convenient, the exact same thing happened to me last week but since you typed it up, I don't have to!

Zero said:
Jesus, you actually got me with that one.
I initially thought "hmm, this is odd timing for something of this nature", but that thought left as I read on.

Well played, TW

I've viewed everything else today with immense scrutiny, this is the first thing that really got me. Didn't someone do something similar last year?

Pretty sure we all got got by this one.
Maybe it's because it's so easy to believe that you, specifically, have flax luck.
Although I did have a moment of "Why not an EMT" in there.

I know enough security guards to know that the majority of them don't fit in the stereotype you'd think.

Basically, most of us could take out a security guard. Easily.

Sorry guys, you know I had to. The temptation was too great XD Thank you for the welcome back all the same!

Now, for an actual update on how things are going! I don't entirely know why I dropped off here, to be honest. Just kinda... slipped. But I have had stuff going on! After a rather lame Summer where I spent most of my time outdoors either hiking or running, as I never was able to find a job, I took the entrance exam for the local EMS agency's Advanced EMT course and got in. Started in September, passed it with flying colors just like my Basic class in December. Christmas was pretty awesome, one of the best in memory. Got hella flu right before New Year though. Felt like I got hit by a truck for like two days straight. January, the EMS agency called me in for a job interview. Officially got hired on in February as a Special Events EMT and I've been going through orientation and training ever since. Got more work coming up this weekend at the baseball stadium -- opening weekend! I also saw Tool on my birthday since they came to Reno that very day and my sister bought tickets as a gift.

So yeah, September 2013 onward has been pretty cool. Now to catch up on the goings-on here!

Back