99gamers

ojmanyeah

Anybody check this site out? http://99gamers.com/ It's a place where actual people go to trade games, not to a business or organization. It's kinda cool. I was an early supporter so I got some of their credits for free and got ssx tricky out of it. Prices are more reasonable, but you have to sell your own games to get any credits to buy games. It's kind of interesting. It seems like it would be good for the modding community, you could just "buy" the game from the site, rip it, resell it and then get another game. What do you guys think of the idea?

ojmanyeah said:
It seems like it would be good for the modding community, you could just "buy" the game from the site, rip it, resell it and then get another game. What do you guys think of the idea?
If you want a ripped copy of the game, just download it. It's not legal either way, so why go through the trouble of paying for it?

Beyond that, seems entirely useless to me, but then I have all the console games I want, and I spend most of my time on PC anyway. Though I had a really odd craving to play Halo ODST the other day, so I bought the bare disc off eBay for $2.96 shipped. Had it in 3 days, and without any silly intermediary.

samjc3 said:
ojmanyeah said:
It seems like it would be good for the modding community, you could just "buy" the game from the site, rip it, resell it and then get another game. What do you guys think of the idea?
If you want a ripped copy of the game, just download it. It's not legal either way, so why go through the trouble of paying for it?

Beyond that, seems entirely useless to me, but then I have all the console games I want, and I spend most of my time on PC anyway. Though I had a really odd craving to play Halo ODST the other day, so I bought the bare disc off eBay for $2.96 shipped. Had it in 3 days, and without any silly intermediary.

Well some people like to rip games instead of downloading them. One of my friends only does that because he already got a warning from his ISP. He's a little paranoid...

It seems to be more a mix of Glyde/Goozex than anything. I've been big on Goozex but it's been rather stagnant of late. Might be worth checking into a bit later down the road as I personally find the points "middleman" system more beneficial over trade-for-trade sites like GameTZ.

ojmanyeah said:
Well some people like to rip games instead of downloading them. One of my friends only does that because he already got a warning from his ISP. He's a little paranoid...

Back in the day there was an actual excuse to rent games from Blockbuster or Hollywood Video and rip them, because internet connections were flax. Nowadays, there really isn't any good excuses unless it's Uncharted or some other 25gb+ game (and even then, redbox).

You can use a Seedbox, VPN, Peerblock, or better yet just not use flaxty public trackers. I don't know how I'd survive if I was forced to go back to public trackers.

Zero said:
ojmanyeah said:

Back in the day there was an actual excuse to rent games from Blockbuster or Hollywood Video and rip them, because internet connections were flax. Nowadays, there really isn't any good excuses unless it's Uncharted or some other 25gb+ game (and even then, redbox).

You can use a Seedbox, VPN, Peerblock, or better yet just not use flaxty public trackers. I don't know how I'd survive if I was forced to go back to public trackers.

Are public trackers tacked on to all ISP's?

Back