5th Custom DMG (SECRET GAMEBOY)

Ishwhale

Well guys....it's finally finished! I gave birth to this idea at around Christmas of 2009. I took that idea, moved it around, changed it, and finally, I can say it is finished. So let me explain it, this Gameboy is actually two Gameboy shells. I took a clear DMG shell, cut out the middle and took a Grey DMG shell and cut off the sides, and put them together. The cutting, sanding, shaving of the actual shell itself was ALL done FREEHAND with a dremel. It is so close that even the letters on the sides of the ports line up to create the whole word. The interior components have been painted various neon colors: the speaker is yellow, the board with the sound jack is blue, the board on the side (regulation board) is pink, the front pcb where the buttons are is green, the front pcb where the screen is is orange to match the backlight, the rear pcb is neon yellow as well. The finishing touch, and the part that took me the longest, is a EL wire accent running throughout the gameboy illuminating the components. There is about 5' of EL wire in this puppy. The wire runs off of it's own swtch separate from the power switch of the gameboy itself. Well it's been a long haul, and it's finally complete. Thanks to Nobble, Budnespid, ToastBucket, Jlee, and Palmer for answering questions I had, and thanks again to the first three for staying up in tinychat and for being as excited as me. AND thank you to Afro for giving me the idea of EL wire when what I had planned to do, wasn't working. This is my best work to date (exempting paint) and I am so very proud of it. Let me know what you guys think!
35l9toz.jpg

2lu9u08.jpg

Let me know if you guys want progress pictures, cause I do have some.

I'll trade you my gameboy color for it, I'll even throw in this stick of gum!

Get a video of it up, please. PLEASE

Wow. I'm not even joking, that's the most beautiful modded handheld I have ever seen. Seriously, that is too awesome. :awesomeish:

EDIT: Do you have an Instructables account? If not, make one, write up a how-to, and enter it in the EL wire contest. Really, you should do it. The entry deadline is the 15th! You gotta hurry! :awesome:

Mario said:
Wow. I'm not even joking, that's the most beautiful modded handheld I have ever seen. Seriously, that is too awesome. :awesomeish:

EDIT: Do you have an Instructables account? If not, make one, write up a how-to, and enter it in the EL wire contest. Really, you should do it. The entry deadline is the 15th! You gotta hurry! :awesome:

If ish wins, this shall go down in Modretro history. Wonder if they allow plus of MR to be made?

AWESOME MAN!!! Glad everything worked out in the end.

You are an awesome modder. :awesomeish:

BTW, got any hires pics?

WOAH! I thought the chimpanzee one was cool, but Dang! Dude, this DMG turned out awesome! I betcha ain't selling this one anytime soon, eh?

Back