Re: External Controller Port Box For Portable

Sweet, I'm doing the same thing, minus the AV

You need Hot Glue and lot's of it. Also, I've learned from experience that you can melt entire Glue Gun sticks into grooves for your PN64 handle grips.

My preference is back-to-back USB ports. VGA is STUPID big for the number of pins.

you dont need 3 ground pins and you dont need 3 3.3v line pins all u need is 3 data lines just run one 3.3v line and one ground and then inside the box have them go to the controller ports. Then you have al0t more pins for other stuff

correct i forget about the 1st player controller sorry haha but yah those are the only lines that need to be sepereate

4 data lines, 3.3V, ground, L audio, R audio, video. 9 pins for that. VGA gives you some extras for s-video or running power through the same connector.

LOL Sorry, I forgot about that :p. Getting confused with so many different suggestions <_<

PS uses 9 pins though.

Fwi most vga cables only have 9 wires.

Mister Hat said:
βeta said:
My preference is back-to-back USB ports. VGA is STUPID big for the number of pins.
Well 4 controllers each of 3 pins. 3 X 4 = 12 + 3 AV Ports = 15. Perfect amount for VGA.

Take into consideration reserve pins.

You need a ground, the shielding wont work. Toast and I know a bit about this from our port satndard (which we should probably work on) anyways mister hat, i just finished my box; wanna see?

Bentomo used the outer shielding as ground. :rolleyes:

You realize that in USB, the OUTER SHIELDING IS GROUND?!

Back