3rd party wiikey fusion

I bought one from there too and it also came in the mail today! Well I havent gotten it to work yet but I havent done much troubleshooting yet either though.

I'm wondering too. If I had the cash, I would totally buy one and spend hours trying to get it to work. I'm just worried since the official one will probably be out of stock before too long and it's no longer in production(if that is true..)

Forgive my ignorance, but isn't the WODE drive emulator another way of booting from sd? Just wondering because I haven't seen many people use the WODE. Are there compatibility issues or something? Or maybe since the gamecube lacks usb? idk, like I said, forgive my ignorance.

The Wode is even better when it comes to boot gamecube games off of SD cards. it's just that it's more expensive.

Ah, I see. Didn't think to look up the price. Yeah 80 bucks is a little much for the cube, but I guess the component cable prices are a little ridiculous too considering you can get a wii with component cables for a much cheaper price. Though if I had the money to "waste" I'd get some gc cables, lol

I suppose I would try to get a wode too if I had no other options

wwwyzzerdd said:
Ah, I see. Didn't think to look up the price. Yeah 80 bucks is a little much for the cube, but I guess the component cable prices are a little ridiculous too considering you can get a wii with component cables for a much cheaper price. Though if I had the money to "waste" I'd get some gc cables, lol

The component cables are so expensive because they are the only way to get that quality, and they are no longer in production

tom10122 said:
wwwyzzerdd said:

The component cables are so expensive because they are the only way to get that quality, and they are no longer in production
unless you buy a wii and use it's $1.50 component cables

grossaffe said:
tom10122 said:
wwwyzzerdd said:

wheres my oh snap smiley face!

grossaffe said:
tom10122 said:
wwwyzzerdd said:

Which doesn't work on a Gamecube. So what was your point ? Using a Wii to build a 480p Gamecube Portable instead of using a Gamecube with component cable to build a a 480p Gamecube portable? And then you spent a lot more on a Wii instead of spending a lot more on a Gamecube Component cable? You still have to spend more right ?

hailrazer said:
grossaffe said:
tom10122 said:
wwwyzzerdd said:

Which doesn't work on a Gamecube. So what was your point ? Using a Wii to build a 480p Gamecube Portable instead of using a Gamecube with component cable to build a a 480p Gamecube portable? And then you spent a lot more on a Wii instead of spending a lot more on a Gamecube Component cable? You still have to spend more right ?
Thanks for da backup :lol:

lol, what the Heck? I didn't say a Dang thing about a portable. I was mainly speaking of people who want to play their gamecube on their hdtv.. which was my point.. It is cheaper to get a wii with component cables to play gamecube games in 480p(the ones that support it), I doubt the majority of people looking for component cables for the gamecube plan on using them in a portable

I already know why they're so expensive, but if you want to play on your tv, there's really no reason to buy them instead of a wii, other than the joy of playing on the original hardware. I'm not trying to argue, I'm a very nostalgic person and love playing my gamecube over the wii, even though I have component cables for it. If I had the money for gc component cables, I would get them, just to play on the original hardware.

That's all I was saying.. geez.

I bought the wiikey from modchipsdirect and I have not gotten it to work yet. My wiring looks fine i think and I tested every wire with continuity and there are no bridges and I'm pretty sure thy are wired up correctly. The loading button is a normally closed pushbutton from radio shack and the lid switch is an on/off switch from digikey. Before I tested all the pins with continuity, the red led turned on when I pressed the loading button. I just tested every wire now and I find out that pin 26 wasnt connected so I fixed it and it isnt working still. Now only occasionally does the led turn red when I push it. I have not updated anything on the wiikey or even put in an sd card. I dont have a gc controller either right now so that doesnt help either lol.

The gc turns on and then gets the error when i dont get any led on and if an led comes on, it stops at the screen where i must change my calendar options.

I dont think this is the wiring problem cause every wire is looking fine and has continuity. Maybe I need to update the wiikey? Since this is a 3rd party wiikey, I have a feeling that it will get bricked or something since it isnt made for it but at this point, I have nothing to lose. Anybody got a link to download the 1.5 update? Anyone got any suggestions that can help me out?

IMG_20121217_192237_zps6f68f1c7.jpg

IMG_20121217_192243_zps9777b468.jpg

IMG_20121217_192253_zps4989a8ac.jpg

IMG_20121217_192259_zps612c936b.jpg

hay bugman,
here's the info from the site you bought your wiikey from:

"Unfortunately the original wiikey team do not produce the units anymore at all. For this reason we are stocking the high quality 3rd party Wiikey Fusions on the market. This means you cannot register the device on www.wiikey.com.

Stock available in the US for US customers. If you are Abroad your product will ship elsewhere

The Wiikey Fusion package from ModChipsDirect comes with
Wiikey Fusion Mod
Drive Cable
Jtag Cable
External SD Card Slot
Double sided tape to mount your Wiikey fusion on the wide of your Wii

For Installation instructions and updates, please visit the Wiikey website and check out the downloads and Support page.
The Best of Both worlds. The Wiikey fusion the the 3rd mod released under the "Wiikey" name. A highly anticipated mod is 100% solderless,
The product is a fusion of the Drivekey product, and a SD card ISO loader (which is a worlds first)"

download WKF 1.5v (PAL/NTSC/JAP):

http://www.wiikeyfusionmod.com/en/downloads.html

Back