3ds analog to d-pad conversion help

I've seen this done before on someone's n64p, but I'm trying to bridge this with this. The problem is that the slider module only has contacts for X, V+, Y, and Ground, but the d-pad mod uses up, down, left, right, and ground. The guy on kyorune just desolders the board from his module, but I'm pretty sure its a dumb idea to crack open the slider module. I think it'll work if I hook it up like this but being a complete novice at this I'm worried it won't work out that nicely. If someone could show me how to do this properly that would be cool. Also, if SS (edit: or anyone who's familiar with this since he hasnt been here since 2013) sees this can you tell me if the resistors in your diagram are for the removal of crawling or just for sensitivity. Thanks in advance for the help.

One way I can think of doing it without opening it up is to use 4 comparators to specify the tolerance of resistance "up" or "down" and "left" or "right". I can give you a diagram if you want.

Why not take it apart? Its really easy
Anyway I think the resistors are there because it simply won't worm without it. I think SS talks about it in one of his videos

The Magic Man said:
One way I can think of doing it without opening it up is to use 4 comparators to specify the tolerance of resistance "up" or "down" and "left" or "right". I can give you a diagram if you want.

Yeah sure that would be wonderful

Back