360 WVI

Ampersand

Lightbulbs are awesome!
I'm looking to build a 360 WVI. So far, all I have is a controller and a headset. What else do I need? Of course, a screen, batteries, a case, and a wireless A/V hookup. Where do I find a wireless A/V thingy? What would be my best bet? What size screen should I use? etc., etc., etc.

Alright. Update.

What I have:
  • 360 Controller
    360 Headset
What I need:

Recommendations on screen, batteries, and case?

Ampersand said:
I'm looking to build a 360 WVI. So far, all I have is a controller and a headset. What else do I need? Of course, a screen, batteries, a case, and a wireless A/V hookup. Where do I find a wireless A/V thingy? What would be my best bet? What size screen should I use? etc., etc., etc.
WHY IN SPAMALOT.
WHY WHY WHY.
LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO WHY YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO READ THIS POST. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPOOTER. IF THE WORD 'WHY' WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THESE HUNDREDS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE WHY I FEEL FOR THIS POST AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. WHY. WHY.

WITH A HEART OF GOLD.

But seriously, Amper, the screen, batteries and case are all based on information you haven't given us. Which is, to say, how much you are willing to spend and what your final goal is.

I thought my goal was pretty obvious, a 360 WVI. Which is (since I guess you don't know) a Wireless Video Interface, a screen and video receiver unit with an integrated controller.

And money is not really an object, so long as it comes out nicely.

Only supports HDMI out- you would need a screen that supports HDMI or DVI and a way to split the audio. It would be awesome, though.

Ampersand said:
I thought my goal was pretty obvious, a 360 WVI. Which is (since I guess you don't know) a Wireless Video Interface, a screen and video receiver unit with an integrated controller.

Yeah I can build about 16 totally different WVIs with different screens, different cases and different battery lifes, you know what I meant.

SS

Ampersand said:
People will be more obligated to help you if you're not a dick about it, just saying.

That's an awesome transmitter set -- but for the resolution the WVI will be running at, there will be no point. However, quite the sexy (and perhaps cumbersome) WVI could be made with that and a small HD screen.

I've decided on a PSOne screen for ease of familiarity, so high quality transmitters are not a requirement. I can't find any cheaper than about $60 though, so I suppose I'll have to settle with that.

I've begun designing the case in Sketchup. I think I'm going to go for something similar to Techknott's design, but I'll have the trigger mechanisms enclosed.

8GAwE.png

ShockSlayer said:
Ampersand said:

Yeah I can build about 16 totally different WVIs with different screens, different cases and different battery lifes, you know what I meant.

SS
right about now my view of you has totaly changed:/ i thought u were a cool helpful dude. you now are being a major jerk to a "newbie" that is just excited to build this and was just wanting helpful opinions from this fourm not your smartass remarks....

Ampersand isn't a newbie

And nobody cares about your opinion, shut the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* up.

EDIT: Bumping posts is also against the rules, I don't care if I bumped, I didn't look.

I'm sorry, who the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* are you again?

You bump up an an ancient topic just to talk flax about something you know nothing about. Ampersand is a forum veteran, not a newbie, and you sound more pissed than he was. It was obvious that Amp was having a flax day when he made the forum not being helpful comments, and that caused what seemed to you like hostility on both sides. What you don't know is that we're all bros here, and afaik everything is okay between them. I don't even see what SS said in that post that offended you so much, but you're going to see much worse on here, and guess what? EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE, JUST LIKE IT ALWAYS IS. In short, don't be so quick to talk flax about something you have no clue about.

If this sounds harsh, its because it is. I'm absolutely tired of random people joining up and talking down people that have been here since the beginning.

Why does everyone think that I care so deeply about their opinions of me? I don't get it.

I mean, I could literally provide examples of people from each end of the opinionated spectrum, those who woship the very ground that I walk upon and those who spit at the very mention of my name.

At the same time, I can say that I do care, but I'm not going to be cut to the core by one person's thoughts. If I did, well, I wouldn't be a very happy individual, would I?

Well, I'm sorry if I offended you somehow. Ampersand isn't even building a WVI anymore, at least, not what I could tell from his junkyard thread where he was selling his screen.

SS

Back