360 Warranty Question

Would removing the case affect the warranty? I was thinking of doing an awesome paint mod, but didn't know if this affected the warranty. Thanks!

Your warranty will still be voided, whether you keep the casing or not. Just the act of opening it will void it.

They would figure it out. Under the faceplate there is a warranty sticker, and removing the sticker by force or opening the case with it on will indicate that you opened the console.

To remove it successfully you have to heat it up with a hair dryer and then use a sharp knife to carefully pull the sticker off while the glue under it is still hot. You then have to put the sticker on wax paper and repeat the process when you want to put the sticker back on the 360. However, keep in mind this constitutes warranty fraud, which is illegal.

You can buy new warranty stickers from ebay, though. (ones that people got from their own consoles they didn't need, etc.)

It's still warranty fraud. Look, you can have your warranty, or your paint job. Simple as that. Warranties are overrated anyway.

Bah, my wii stopped working and nintendo couldn't even repair it, I got a different refurb wii back.

Mine just froze a few seconds after boot, nintendo had no idea what was wrong. (And this was before the time of wad installers)

Back