360 laptop

weaver

Started making a 360 laptop today out of my jtagged console.
So far I have swapped the GPU heatsink for a CPU heatsink from a jasper, added a 45mm 12v fan and 12v modded the stock fans.
Looking for a screen with a nice resolution and under 12".
Here's some pictures.
dsci0606e.jpg

dsci0611.jpg

Useless fan is useless. Put two slightly bigger ones in, one in front of the CPU heatsink and one in front of the GPU heatsink. This is going to be really thick, BTW, unless you change the heatsinks out for something thinner.

Dont do it. $300 for that is too much. WAY too much. I love AEIcomp, but their prices, good god.

Do you know any decent screens for cheaper.
Money isn't really a factor for this project since I'll most likely sell it once its finished but, If there is anything with a nice resolution for cheaper I'd probably get that.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/600281/ ... odule.html

http://electronics.shop.ebay.com/Car-El ... 86.c0.m282

It's hard to find displays in that range that are 16:9. Kind of funny, huh? I want cheap 4::3: displays in 4.6" and 7" and 16:9 ones in bigger sizes, but it's backwards. A while back you could find game screens - 16:9 ones designed to attach to modern consoles - for cheap. Now they've all disappeared.

If I ever get around to building a 360 laptop, it's going to have a massive 19 inch monitor. Why? Because that's the smallest I can find that isn't ridiculously small.

ToastBucket said:
VGA out of the 360? VGA is included in the multi output of the 360 already and that screen accepts VGA.
Ya I'm just hacking the av cord so it goes from the 360 av input to VGA so I don't have to buy one. Even if I bought one I would have to shorten it.

Solder to the bottom of the board. A massive video connector sticking would be horrible. You don't have to desolder the connector on the board, but covering it up might be a good idea.

K I'll solder it to the board so it looks nice and clean.
for some reason that site won't let me purchase that screen because it says I enter in an invalid security code.

I wired the VGA cable up to the board and now I'm just waiting for my screen to come in.

I got a nice 60mm fan for a buck the other day and will be putting it in front of the gpu and moving the smaller 45mm one in front of the cpu. I'll also be putting some small chipset heatsinks on the ram.

My screen draws 800mah of power. Is it safe to wire it directly to a 12v pin on the board?

Hrduncan said:
looks awesome~!

Thanks man.

I got the speakers in yesterday. Got them wired up and working. Now I'm just waiting on the screen and it will be finished. That won't take very long though since I already have a VGA cord wired to the 360's board.

Back