3 light battery indicator

Hackerbilly

Hello Modretro,
I currently need abit of help (that's usually what I post when I'm on here : oP)
But so I have been thinking off and on about building a Prop Replica of the Gameboy Horror from Luigi's Mansion. Now I wanted to incorporate the Boo Indicator on it and the only way I figured how was as a Battery Life Indicator..... My problem.. I don't exactly know how to build one.. Or at Least 1 that can switch between 3 leds. Okay so I want it to work sort of like this,
Blue- Full Battery
Yellow- Eh about halfway Dead
Red- Dying
Does anyone know a way to make one of those that'd work with a GameBoy Color? I don't really have a multimeter or anything like that.. So if someone can make a schymatic or anything for me.. That'd be great.
Now I know I shouldn't ask for stuff like this nor should I expect things to just be handed to me... But I mean it'd be really great if someone could post on how to do this or send me a link or something.
Thank you for your time Modretro and please ever do try to help me with this.

Sincerely, HackerBilly

I wouldn't think this would be doable in such a limited space such as the GBC. Would say just have a color chaning LED hooked up to a switch.

I'm no expert on the subject, but couldn't one do this with a microcontroller with an analog comparator (IE an ATmega) connected to the LED? And then set it to change color as voltage dropped?

Ummm Maybe.... Sorry for not ever replying or being late with my replies. I haven't had wifi for a while nor cable..... :lol:
But I'm not really an expert on programming or anything..... I just wish I kind of had something small that I could at least like put in it for just a color changing light

Back