3.5" screen woes... someone please point me to a decent one

Dtn

So I bought the screen bentomo recommended from dealextreme a couple years ago. can't be arsed to find the link. Anyways it sucks. maybe mine is just defective, but the bottom 1/2" of the screen has blurry and doubled images, and the whole image is shifted to the right about 1/8".

Looking on ebay there are so many choices. So many screen #2s and seemingly not much else. Can someone just post a link to an auction they have purchased from recently and had a good screen come out of it? Ugh.

Re: 3.5" screen woes... someone please point me to a decent

Did you try out the screen on more than one console with the same problem? I was having problems with eBay screens recently too, but mainly just on Sega products for some reason which of course is what I bought them for. I just had about one horizontal row of pixel distortion and screen doubling though, so seems like what I worried about with them just getting worse is happening. :/

viewtopic.PHP?f=6&t=11760

To make matters worse since there are so many of these screens now there really isn't a way to get the exact same screen that someone recommends, as by the time it ships to them from China and the proper testing completed, they are probably on a new batch by then. Really no way on knowing what you are getting until it's in your hands unfortunately.

So are most people just buying screen #2 with no buttons on the back and hoping for the best? Is that what the best of the latest micro sized portables have used too?

And yeah, upon plugging it into my cable box both problems persist. There is also noticeable screen flickering.

What are you using to power it? Some screens will have picture issues if they don't like the power you're giving them.

I will try a different power source but I am currently using a 12v regulated wallwart.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5-inch-TF...830?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4173c2705e
Does anyone have experience with this screen in particular? I see tchay made a thread about it last year but only to talk about letting the screen sit for 5 minutes if you accidentally unplugged something. I wonder if anyone can tell me if this one specifically is quality.

And has anyone bought screen #1 recently? Here http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5inch-Hig...r_View_Monitors_Cams_Kits&hash=item58a09df299 it is for $21 from the US.

the screen won't even turn on when I connect it to a lipo pack supplying ~8.2v. Maybe theres a regulator to bypass but i'm not breaking that "warranty" sticker lol. I unscrewed the other three screws and the mobo looks gigantic. I'm just sending this piece of crap back. I think I might just buy both of the screens I last linked and see which one is more to my liking. Anyone have input for either of those?

i haven't messed with 3.5" screens but there are some regulators on the board that i have that say 3.3 and 1.9. I imagine that your screens have them too. google the part number on them and on the input of the regulators supply your 8.4v battery. I fried my 12v circuit. Now i power the screen with usb.

There's no point in asking "Will this screen work?"

Even if someone has used the exact same screen there is a 90% chance that if you buy it it will be different.

Case in point. I bought 10 screens from an ebay seller. All were shipped at the same time, all looked identical, same box everything. Opened them up, 4 different boards , 3 different types of screens. None of them worked properly on Sega consoles even though the last batch worked fine.

Just plain stupid.

The sega consoles thing seems to be a recurring issue, but a shifted image with blurry and doubled text on ALL inputs is unacceptable. I put the return in motion on DX and ordered that screen #1 from the US and the other one. But hail, the one I was asking if anyone has used, I actually can ask, because it is a bare board and LCD so you can actually see which specific screen we are talking about..

oh great cause i already bought it lol. here's hoping that screen #1 is decent then.

Back