-

First, learn something at least remotely resembling spelling and grammer. Second, get an image host, like Imageshack or Tinypic. Upload pictures there and copy the URL, using IMG tags too like this.

Code:
[img]http://picturz.com/mypic8347847.jpg[/img]

Okay, $150 isn't much of a budget, but you can still do it if you are careful, not too ambitious, are good at finding cheap parts, and don't live in Canada.

XCVG said:
First, learn something at least remotely resembling spelling and grammer. Second, get an image host, like Imageshack or Tinypic. Upload pictures there and copy the URL, using IMG tags too like this.

Code:
[img]http://picturz.com/mypic8347847.jpg[/img]

Okay, $150 isn't much of a budget, but you can still do it if you are careful, not too ambitious, are good at finding cheap parts, and don't live in Canada.
There's the XCVG that I remember! :D

Bacon, the amount of money you have may be enough, but only if you own some of the tools. A soldering iron is a must, which you can get for about $10 for a cheapie. What parts do you have so far? (N64, screen, battery, voltage regulators, etc.) This would give a better idea of what you need to buy.

Welcome Bacon. You need to start reading everything on this website. That will answer many of your questions.

You can try Photobucket.com and upload your picture to that site, then post the "image" link on this website to show your pictures. I use Photobucket and have no complaints.

The one thing I need you to do is read all the stickies and/or posts, here or at benheck. Later, start reading up on posts and worklogs to see how everything works and make sure you know what to do/how everything works. In my opinion, it is way harder to make a portable if you have just some steps than to know what to do yourself and possibly improvise some stuff or change them to your liking.

You might want to stay away from the RCP wiring guide though. case making is also a big part of making a portable look at the casing forum too and good luck!

Whoops! :oops: Sorry SS I guess I should check I said so. Anyways glad to see your intrest in building a portable. I'm currently working on making a N64 Laptop and if you end up making a portable I'm sure it will be pretty good. :)

Good luck! Read lots and lots of threads, stickies and worklogs. They will help you a lot. And for pictures, I always use ImageShack. Also I think it's a bit late but WELCOME TO MODRETRO! :D Darn, I hope one day I finish my portables.

Back