1.9v connected to ground?

bouchandre

So I have 2 boards that are just unusable right now because I have a very frustrating problem. On both of them when I check with a multimeter 1.9v is bridged to ground. One of them is trimmed with nothing soldered onto it and the other had the regulator board reconnected with wires then the problem started. Since then I removed the cable and checked the connections 100 times. Does anyone else here had that same problem?

All gamecubes will show continuity to ground from 1.9v. There is a low ohm resistor connecting 1.9v to ground. If you dont believe me, check a board that you know works, it'll show the same thing.

Yep they all show continuity but if you check with an ohm meter it will read around 28 ohms showing its just low resistance not grounded.

You have problems somewhere else. Pins that were cut might be still touching or edges need to be sanded.

gman said:
All gamecubes will show continuity to ground from 1.9v. There is a low ohm resistor connecting 1.9v to ground. If you dont believe me, check a board that you know works, it'll show the same thing.

Actually, it's done by the low ESR tantalum capacitors ;)

Back