Wii DVD/Wiikey Fusion/WODE (sd/hdd loading) on Gamecube

Oi, flax. I totally forgot about that beautiful diagram. Gimme a bit.

Edit: I Have this guide posted on ALL the portablizing forums... O.K. to add beta's diagram on all sites?

Edit 2: Slightly modified Beta's original diagram to make things a bit clearer in the notations:

betaswiikeydigram.jpg

Hope this is O.K. Awaiting permission to add to the first post on all forums.

ok some questions about adding the wii key to my gamecube portable
on a rev c board where would the 3.43v come from?
and if i want just wiikey fusion i would buy wiikey fusion, the adapter board, solder those points to the gamceube dvd drive port, put in a sd card and wa-bam it would work?
if i wanted one of these to make a small gcp which 3.7v x3 cells off battery space would you recommend to fit in a small space (size of ashen's gamecube fusion) if the psone screen IS led modded?

Datareen said:
on a rev c board where would the 3.43v come from?

Anywhere that puts out 3.4v, your multimeter is your friend.

Datareen said:
if i want just wiikey fusion i would buy wiikey fusion, the adapter board, solder those points to the gamceube dvd drive port, put in a sd card and wa-bam it would work?

You need to throw a couple switches in there also, but you've got the jist of it. It'll only work if you do it right though.

Datareen said:
if i wanted one of these to make a small gcp which 3.7v x3 cells off battery space would you recommend to fit in a small space (size of ashen's gamecube fusion) if the psone screen IS led modded?

I'd recommend getting a rev A/B board if you want it smallish like my fusions. A rev C board will never fit in my cases. Either way, build a custom regulator. That way you'll only need 2x 3.7v cells.

i intend on a rev c uncut with a zn45 with no battery but later ill churn out moneys for a battery pack in a ag85 that will magnetize to the back of the zn45. small when not portable and chunky when on the go a zn45 would fit a rev c uncut mobo.(i might cut the gold parts though)

Little update to the first post courtesy of our ol' pal Shockslayer. Thanks SS!

So, a thought occurred to me today and I figured I'd test it.

If you remember at all (probably not) NTSC Gamecubes IPL v1.0 would freeze when the Wiikey's "eject" button was pressed while in the IPL itself. This could be gotten around by holding in the "eject" button while powering on the GC. The Wiikey would then load the loader .iso before the IPL was fully booted and would allow you to boot into the Wiikey game selection menu. Unfortunately, even when doing this you could get to the menu and select a game but the Wiikey would then reboot the GameCube and it would hang in the IPL as the Cube logo animation was being displayed. A few select games WOULD boot properly, but 96% of the games I tested wouldn't boot.

So yea, the thought hit me while I was at work that Swiss, when flashed to the Wiikey does not re-boot the GameCube when you select a game to play. Voila! every single game I tossed at it on an NTSC IPL 1.0 cube booted perfectly from Swiss on the Wiikey. So the only "trick" you'll need to do if you have a NTSC 1.0 cube now is to hold the "eject" button in while the gamecube boots, once you see the blue LED flash on the Wiikey, release the button.

NTSC IPL v1.0: Compatible

Just one more reason to add to the list of "why Emu_kidid rocks"

Shoulda neen the first thing you tested when the swiss flash was released :p well, guess the question i asked on gc-forever has been answered.

I'm probably going to buy a wiikey, but first, I would like to know something... Does it works really fine ? I saw a lot of peaple who had error messages or other problems, sometimes it was working, sometimes not... Maybe I didn't understand all about those problems (I'm not that good in english :mrgreen: ), but I just wanted to be sure :rolleyes:

Back