Tenergy 3.7 volts?

Not enough capacity, unless you use a couple in parallel.
Even then, you're only getting 3.7V, and assuming you're making a portable, and probably a N64 or Gamecube, you'll want at least 7.4V (even more for GC wit a stock regulator), so you'll need 4.
Plus, the first one looks a little fat.

I was going to get at least four of them, but yeah, the first one I checked out and found that it wouldn't fit where I wanted it to. I found a nice couple of 7.4's and good 3.7's lying around in my garage, so I'm going with them.

Good, as long as you have a protection circuit and smart charger.

Now, all of these packs have protection circuit built right into them with the battery + and - emerging in bare leads. Do I have to take any further precautions when wiring them into my machine?

You're sure it has a protection PCB? Then you should be fine.
If there's not charging circuitry inside it, which there likely isn't, then definitely get a smart charger for 7.4V packs.

Yep, I found the models online and they do come with protective board. I'm glad I found them, this'll save me some time.

Sleepsalot said:
Now, all of these have protection built right into them with the battery + and - emerging in bare leads. Do I have to take any further precautions when wiring them into my machine?

The one's you linked to do NOT have pcb's in them .

So far you fellows have been a big help.
Now, I just want to be absolutely certain that what I do next will not explode my apartment (or at the very least ruin my batteries). :dah:

I'm going for 14.8v. So I'm going to wire up these two 7.4's I've got in series (each with its own protection PCB), and then when I plug my smart charger in, I'll have it set for 14.8 volts. That cool?

I think that you should nix the protection PCB's and get a 14.8V protection PCB.
I'm no expert, but I don't think they'll be very safe each on their own protection circuit.
I could be wrong though.

What are you doing with them exactly?
If you are doing a GC project, just make a custom regulator. Then, the GC will run off of 7.4V.

Alright, cool, I'll get a 14.8v PCB. I would love to make a custom regulator, but this is for a diving light. I told my co-worker that I'd make her diving light rechargeable for a commission of 200$, which she took off the bat.

Back