Systm N64p charge port?

While watching Systm's video showing how to make a N64p, I noticed that when hooking up the Li-po batteries to the charge port and switch, he only used one plug in order to charge his batteries, like this..

chargePortQ.jpg

However, in Shockslayer's Charge and Play Diagram he has a charge port and an AC adapter port. Does this mean that the Systm video had it wrong? Because wouldn't his batteries give out eventually? Sorry if this is a noob question, but you have to be a noob before becoming familiar with this kind of stuff!

Unless I'm mistaken, only having one port means you can't charge and play. So you would have to wait for the batts to finish charging before you could play.

It is possible to have just one and still be able to charge while playing (just look at your phone, laptop, etc), but having them separate is easier. You would need a charger board inside the portable. The ones from some portable DVD players might work, depending on where the charging circuit is located.

Well luckily I am using the EXACT same DVD player he used on Systm, so I guess I just got figure out if the charging circuit is located in the battery pack. I am just afraid of putting 2 ports on my system for charging when I only needed one in the first place.

Back