STARLIGHT 64 COMPLETE

Guess what everyone, it still hasn't sold yet so I was playing zelda on it, then I moved my thumb over the right speaker and guess what, the left speaker wasn't working, I put in my headphones and still nothing. So that was the last straw.

I opened up the system and am now in the process of fixing everything including the expansion pak. The audio was an easy fix, that was just a loose wire. I've also fixed the memory pak, I used flux and sanding but I still can't solder directly to the battery, so I just got a flat piece of copper and a really tight rubber band around it. Before it was just losing connection because it was just a wire and tape, but it should work perfectly now. I looked at the low led and I don't think I can fix that without a new zenar diode.

Unfortunately the system won't boot right now because I'm working on the expansion paks, hopefully I can get it fixed.

Other then that everything is back to working order, except I haven't tested the low led.

On a side note my furnace broke down so it's now 40 degrees in my room. :awesome:

my furnace broke down a few days ago, I know how you feel :gonk:
FINISH IT
keep all of your soldering irons on at a safe position all day, and you might generate enough heat to warm your room :dah:

K everything's fixed now, the expansion pak works and the memory pak, I also improved the L button so it feels more like a button.

But the only thing that doesn't work is the low led.

I did try some wiring because before I didn't even get a signal out of it last time, but most likely it doesn't work. At least you can still tell when the battery is low by the screen flickering.

So out of the whole portable the only thing that didn't work was the low led. That's the last time I build something without testing it first. :rolleyes:

Back