STARLIGHT 64 COMPLETE

for some reason there are googly eyes on my case and it's staring at me :eek: "15 minutes or more can save you 100 minutes on your cart slot relocating?"

I have a followup to testing the starlight 64. I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that I did 2 99 stock tests in a row and it reached a maximum heat and it was only slightly warm. So it will not overheat.

Now for the bad news. :(

I had to remove the internal memory pak because it was unstable because the connector to the battery kept coming loose and wouldn't stay saved. You can still save with an external one though.
Also the low led did not work. But I'm not going to just leave a hole there. So now the red dot is just for show.
And now the worst one of the expansion pak chips has failed but I'm tired of working on it so it doesn't have an expansion pak anymore.

So now 3 setbacks have occurred but I don't plan to fix them. I have already declared the system finished so with those three things lost and testing complete it's now complete.

So it may go up for sale soon.

Joeyjoe9876 said:
for some reason there are googly eyes on my case and it's staring at me :eek: "15 minutes or more can save you 100 minutes on your cart slot relocating?"
Im afraid even that wouldnt have helped me man.

If he soldered the Expansion Pack directly to the N64, and it broke, the N64 would be screwed, wouldn't it?

Yes I did, which is why I'm leaving it alone now, I'd have to deconstruct the whole system to fix it. Loosing majoras mask and donkey kong 64 is fine with me. It's not that bad.

Well that sucks.

Probably what happened was that one of the ram chips lost a connection, causing it to have the 4mb from the other chip, but not the 4mb from the crapped one. Do you plan on fixing it ever?

Edit-just read the previous page and discovered that you already knew this. D'oh!

Since everything now is %100 complete, it's been put up on the junkyard. Thank you guys for all the help with building it!

No DK64? :cry4:

Oh well. It's still a super small N64 portable. It looks like what, 7-8in. diagonally? That's amazing man.

Makes me want to make an N64 portable.

Back