PC Portable, unnamed

Whoa, wait, overclocking and playing TF2 @ 30fps? Please, please, I want info on this, I'm suddenly very interested!

No way. This bad boy can do Crysis.
I got 25FPS, Overclocked, on lowest settings.

Oblivion ran perfect on all lowest settings, and ran perfect with the Oldblivion Mod on High.

Portal ran perfect at reccomended settings

I got that bad boy overclocked to 2.2 GhZ and it just tore it up.

Here's a list of games that can/can't run on it:
http://myhpmini.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=2280

The NVidia ION is an AMAZING platform.

Yeah, Bibin.

I had My Netbook Overclocked to 2.2 GhZ, and TF2 running at medium settings, 800x600, DX8 Mode and I got 30+ FPS

hailrazer said:
So after you install Windoz you can just plug in a USB controller?

Yup! I am using a generic PS2 clone from DX, board can be trimmed pretty small, but more importantly, it is very, very thin. I will probably put it under the LCD.

Palmer, I want to buy one of those things that you linked to, but for two reasons I will not.
1. I'm 20 short
2. I would have no clue what to do with it.

snowpenguin said:
What's better for the same price:

This

Or an EEE701
depends what you wanna do with it. same processor/gpu and stuff, but the eee is bigger, and has a real kkeyboard and all. it also has bigger screen and battery.

(typed this on mine ;) )

that doodad, on the other hand, is more portable, but less usable in its original form. but if you wanna do what palmy is doing, its better. ;)

get a 900ha, it's a 900 model with a 1.6ghz intel atom instead of 600mhz or so celeron.

the celeron is actually 900 mhz, but its underclocked to 524mhz or so. i overclocked mine up to 1ghz, and its fine, albeit a bit short on battery life.

Yeah, the Celeron is better for gaming, since it supports out of order operations. The Atom has multithreading support, which makes it far, far better at multi-tasking, but from a gaming point of view, the Celeron is a wee bit better than the Atom.

Back