PC Portable, unnamed

oh my god this is what i should do with the free netbook i got that has a messed up keyboard!

also, the other day, i was in best buy and saw one of those mini desktops claiming to have nvidia ion in it. i was under the impression that nvida ion was discontinued though?

Ion just came out, no way is it discontinued.

I would love to make an Ion portable, but nothing is out there remotely the right size. The second there is, I will know, and I will tell y'all.

Man, I can't wait for this.

Perhaps you could play Team Fortress Classic on the go. That would be win.

Supposedly it'll run Crysis on its lowest settings at 20 fps or so, too, though I think you need to overclock the Atom. Afro, if you're reading this, you need to test this sometime to verify it! Please?

I almost want one so I can play Half-Life 2 on the road.

Afro had originally told us the highest it could do was Half Life 2 or so.

I want one of these Clarion Mind things. Sounds like it would be pretty cool to have, and much cheaper than a netbook. Run any emu I'd want up to n64 pretty much. The ultimate portable.

Hmmmmmm.......

Wonder if I could get some money for it.......

Afro overclocked to 2ghz and gets 30fps in TF2.

Heat is an issue, but I could add a big one. Always wanted to make a portable where the back case (or part of it) is made of metal as a heatsink.

You're thinking of someone else.

I think you may be thinking of me and my old laptop.

I don't know, I could swear I remember Afro talking about how amazing the Ion was and that it could run Crysis.

Maybe I'm going crazy. @_@

Also, 500th post!

DK  said:
He's just installing windows XP onto it and running emulators on that.

Hmmm seems like with Windows Xp the original battery lasts 30 minutes and the extended battery lasts 1 hour.

Might need at least a 4000mAh battery to get any real emulator playing time on that thing Palmer.

Just checked, the original battery was 850mah. Pretty pitiful, eh?

A lot of the reason it dies so fast is that under Windows, it keeps the wifi and GPS boards always active, and there is no way to turn them off, far as I can tell (The sound and touchscreen show up under the same combo device). Since I cannot turn them off in Windows, I just disabled them by cutting power to those parts of the board. Appears to work fine, and should help battery life a lot.

And I might get a larger battery, but more likely I will have the smaller one built in since I have ample space (Will look sexy, cool to show off, good for quick sessions of gaming) and use a larger external pack for long term playing. As long as I can get more than an hour on 2200mah, I will be a happy trooper.

Back