Pandora

J.D

No Stranger To Love
I've been seeing more reports of people actually getting these.

I've been considering the Pandora instead of a Netbook, as this is the ultra-portable solution. Also functions a great emulator console :awesome:

What do guys think of the Pandora? Is it any good?

Good is a relative term.

For what it is? Yes, it's *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing awesome.

But I would prefer to get a Netbook.

I mean this thing comes with a fully functional Linux OS right?

Oh yeah.

Well, I'll be able to browse the web, play games, play music, and play video so I'll be fine.

I am in the first batch, and I talked to the guy in charge, I am skipping to the front of the que in exchange for getting a unit that needs me to fix the analog stick.

I cannot say much on it till I get it, except this: The earliest you will be able to buy one is next September. EARLIEST. The entire first batch is sold out.

I will be making a full review when I get mine, including a teardown and things that modders would find interesting.

If I want one of these things by November 13th when should I preorder?

They do not know yet. Will not be till August, at the earliest, I will let you know when I do.

No, this August. They want to start making the second batch in September if they can, so they might be taking pre-orders in August.

Who knows if they really ship this year, though? :lol:

That is complicated.

Since the funds are converted from USD to GBP (British pounds), there is an exchange rate. I bought it for $330 USD, but because of the great exchange rate at the time, if I were to get a refund right now, I would only get $280 or so.

The second batch will cost more. This batch is basically a "beta testing" batch, and they are actually LOSING money on each unit. They will cover most of the R&D costs, though. The next batch will actually put them into profit, and it is looking to cost between $350 and $380.

If I could get one of these by Christmas...

Also, any screencaps of the Pandora running the OS?

ToastBucket said:
EDIT: Here it says batch 2 will be ready for order in June

Outdated. They suck at updating the main sites, but they say a good bit on the forums.

Back