Nonvolatile N64 memory cards

qwertymodo

I have several non-volatile (FRAM) N64 Controller Paks for sale. These controller paks do not require a battery, and so will not ever (well, for the life of the chip...) lose your saves. Right now, all I have are 1x cards, but the hope is to have 4x cards available in the near future (i.e. when I have money to order PCB's and FRAM chips). These are 100% brand new parts and PCB's, though the shells are used. At this point, all I have are the ones that look like this, with a couple different labels:

N64-Performance-Memory.jpg

The PCB's I have also fit inside official N64 Controller Pak shells, but I already sold the 2 official shells I had. Here's a pic of one with the official shell:

35aoj80.jpg

I'm selling these for $30 each. If you just want a bare board, no shell, I can take $5 off. I also offer card cloning, if you have an existing card you'd like copied over to the new one. Card cloning is free with the purchase of a card, you just pay shipping to send me your old card.

Once I have 4x cards, I'll be selling them for $40. The 4x cards will come in cool clear cases like this:

1.jpg

I also have 2 prototypes I'd be willing to sell for $20. They've been tested and work fine, the only difference is that they are built on the original controller pak PCB's rather than the new custom ones I had made, and there is some manual rewiring done on them. I don't have any photos of the completed prototypes, but here's one of the prototype boards with its chip removed. Since this photo, I replaced the chip with F-RAM, removed the diodes, removed 2 of the resistors, removed the transistor, removed the battery clip, and added 2 wire jumpers in place of removed parts (the removed parts formed the power management for the battery and are no longer necessary).

jl5h7l.jpg

Just to update, I got my full batch of chips in today and was able to assemble the first run of 1x boards:

1072sr7.jpg

Again, these are $30 each (with a shell) or $25 if you just want the board. These will fit as-is in official Nintendo shells or Performance brand shells. They may fit in others, with varying degrees of modification necessary. Also, I do offer free card cloning if you want to copy your old card onto one of these.

I'm interested in one, but it'll have to wait a couple months because I'm moving soon.

I'm not really all that active here, so if I'm not responding when you try to get ahold of me you can always reach me by email at my username at yahoo or gmail.

Have you looked into adding rumble? If so it'd make a sweet addition in an N64p I'm working on, and I'd love to help advertise something cool like this.

SS

Haven't had a chance, but I really do want to figure it out eventually. It would be really nice to get a simple design with discrete logic. Throw it on the to-do list, I guess...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Back