Nobble's xbox 360 laptop worklog

nobble

So I canned the whole WVI project. Too much money for a piece of flax. Instead I am making a 360 laptop.

I am using:

-xbox 360 slim 250 gb model.

-gateway 1775w 17" 720p widescreen lcd

-seahorse SE-710 case (pelican 1490 ripoff)

-some kind of cheap speaker setup (suggestions open!)

The case will be gun metal colored. I am ordering parts on monday 12/13/10. The screen should be here around the middle of the week since it's shipping from the same state. The case should take about a week to ship. I also need to order and hdmi to dvi cord. That should take about a week also. I have my eyes on a logitech z205 speaker set. It's usb powered with tacts for volume control. Supposed to be pretty good. But it's about $40 so if I could use some other way to set up speakers that would be better since I'm on a small budget.

MORE INFO SOON!

I found a cheap case online. It's a pelican 1490 knockoff.

se-710r3_large.jpg

It costs around $55 shipped.

Mine will be Gun Metal gray.

Nobble, you can build a cheap audio amp and use psone screen speakers, if you're like me and have tons of them lying around they're pretty slim, and get loud enough for personal use. Here's an amp that Mario showed us and Bentomo further modified: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5599

No problemo, bud.

I also wish I knew how to wire a digital potentiometer, I'd like to use this combo with one of those 3.5 inch ebay screens.

Buy a cheap set of iPod/MP3 speakers. That's what I used for YAP64, and you can get bigger ones that should work for your laptop, too.

DS Lite speaker docks come at 15 dollars at EB Games, they seem pretty nice too.
Also, why a gateway? Everybody uses them. For 95 bucks, you can get a 19" viewsonic, they're amazing.

I ordered the case, screen, and dvi to hdmi cord. It should all be here by next week.

I also got the inside diagram for my case online in pdf form. So I brought it into photoshop, edited it a little, then brought it into indesign and printed it in 4 different sheets of paper and taped it all together. That way I can trace around it on plastic and cut them out for the top and bottom panels. It's a whole lot cheaper than using the aluminum panels they sell for this case.

It's going great so far in the planning process!

More to come...

Mako321 said:
DS Lite speaker docks come at 15 dollars at EB Games, they seem pretty nice too.
Also, why a gateway? Everybody uses them. For 95 bucks, you can get a 19" viewsonic, they're amazing.

How would u use a viewsonic screen? i have one and would love to use it! :D

IMG_20101215_152635.jpg

Testing out the HD capabilities on the monitor. It just came in the mail. Now I'm waiting for the dchmi to dvi cable and the case.

I bought some speakers, but i doubt they will work since they are just a usb hookup and not 3.5mm jacks.

idk if it will work since I need the amp/volume control for the speakers.

I dont want to open it up either, looks like id tear the crap outta it.

Back