New gaming rig

Jidan

JEEEEEEEEDAN
Hey guys. Today I just received all the parts to my new gaming rig :)

The link to the parts: http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/ar/awg
Monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product

IGkyW.jpg

Super excited to put this together tonight :) I'm gonna post the Windows Index scores and stuff once it's all finished up just to give people an idea of how much you need to spend to get a kickass rig.

Also, if anyone has any questions about this build or your own or another, ask away. I've been researching all this stuff for a while and so I should be alright to answer some basic questions concerning what you should get/need or don't need.

Once you break 1080p, you never go back. I am spoiled, and nothing else will ever be good enough.

βeta said:
Once you break 1080p, you never go back. I am spoiled, and nothing else will ever be good enough.

I couldn't even play my PS3 without having it plugged through HDMI :cry4:

That looks very similar to a rig I just built. The one I did had a 1ghz OC 560 ti, and only 4gigs of ripjaws (plus other less important stuff, asus mobo, you know). That thing is blazing fast. I only payed like $600 for it though.

EDIT: 560 not 550.

That's actually pretty similar to the rig I'm about to build. I went with Core i5 2500K like you, 8GB of memory (mine is Mushkin), and a Twin Frozr 2 videocard. Mine is a GTX 560 Ti under the hood, though. Bought it on a recommendation from Mako as it comes with a ton of free stuff and also because I want CUDA support for Premiere Pro. I also went with a nice new Z68 motherboard. Cost me like $1000CAD.

It's gonna be *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing epic, and yours is too.

XCVG said:
That's actually pretty similar to the rig I'm about to build. I went with Core i5 2500K like you, 8GB of memory (mine is Mushkin), and a Twin Frozr 2 videocard. Mine is a GTX 560 Ti under the hood, though. Bought it on a recommendation from Mako as it comes with a ton of free stuff and also because I want CUDA support for Premiere Pro. I also went with a nice new Z68 motherboard. Cost me like $1000CAD.

It's gonna be *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing epic, and yours is too.

Custom rigs are incredible :ninj: I didn't pay much mind to the motherboard; I just got one that was compatible with everything I needed. I'm fairly certain the 560 TI is more powerful than the card I got, so you will be extremely pleased, I'm sure :p I tested out Bad Company 2 and am pulling out an average of about 58 fps (I think) on all the highest settings.

Not to brag, but I average above 60FPS in Crysis, even more in BFBC2 ::3:

Remember the number 1 rule for computer that Linux and Mac own Windows. No offence Windows fans but linux is just to epic. :ninj:

Yeah, the vast amount of community-made quality programs and games for Linux is just epic. The user friendly aspects of Linux makes it easy for anyone to pick up. Everything always works in Linux. /sarcasm

I agree with the part about linux; I disagree with the part about mac. I cannot stand that OS or the machines a single bit.

Jidan said:
I agree with the part about linux; I disagree with the part about mac. I cannot stand that OS or the machines a single bit.
I personally don't like the OS, but that's personal preference.
I HATE THE GODAWFUL COMMUNITY.
I HATE THE GODAWFUL BUILD QUALITY.

I don't like Mac, but I haven't actually used one in years so maybe things have changed. I doubt it, though, seems as gimmicky and "user-friendly" as ever. Linux I've only tried a bit, the particular distro was flax but I'll reserve judgement on Linux in general.

If I did not say that my friend might kill me cause he loves macs. Windows only has developers making it number 1. If they came to Linux. Linux would own timee over 9000!!!!

Mako321 said:
I HATE THE GODAWFUL COMMUNITY.
I HATE THE GODAWFUL BUILD QUALITY.

That's what you get when you install Guh-Noo Slash Lie-Nucks :dah: LET'S FIGHT OVER PRONUNCIATION AND LOGOS INSTEAD OF INVENTING A STABLE ABI WOO YEAH

Back