My GP2X wont see my SD card

samjc3

#1 Female Member
so, i got my first GP2X in the mail today, (finally. thanks, SS! :D ) and it seems to work, except that i cant mount my SD card. i have tried 3 different SD cards, and the GP@X wont even detect it, so far as i can tell. i can select 'SD card" in the file browser, but it shows no folders, in all of the file browsers (photos, video, music, etc...). i have tried using the "Format" option in 'system', but it seems to have no effect. is there something im not doing, or what? :neutral2:
P.S., im running FW 2.1.1
:gonk:

Bibin said:
Try a non SDHC card. It can't use them.
its only 4GB. thats not SDHC, right? also, could it be that its a micro SD in an adaptor? (i have tried other ones too, but this one is actually mine, therefore, the one i would prefer to use)

Look on the card.

If it clearly says "SDHC" on the card or the adapter, then it's SDHC.

If it doesn't, then...it isn't.

J.D said:
Look on the card.

If it clearly says "SDHC" on the card or the adapter, then it's SDHC.

If it doesn't, then...it isn't.
no flax. :awesome:
well, my card isnt SDHC, its just a cigarette card (read: it has write protection). and, in this *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing new bullflax windows 7 flax, i cant bypass the write protection like in XP :gonk: . so, basically, i need a new card. or, theres this.
unfortunantly, i havent got a shizzle clue how to flash the darned thing. :gonk:

Try running the SDHC patch from the internal 64mb NAND.

This is a fairly common problem, try a 2gb card if you can find one. You may just have a faulty slot.

ShockSlayer said:
Remember this is bibin's GP2X that I modded so ask him about the history.

SS
eh. i figured it out. my card was write protected. and fagballsy windows 7 wont let me remove the restriction in the driver like you could in xp :wtf:

Back