Introducing, the Cobalt Cube! (Commission)

RedmagnusX

Hey guys,

I wanted to share my latest portable Gamecube with you all. I'm calling it the Cobalt Cube. As you can see, it shares the same design as my Crimson Cubes, which is why I went with the same naming convention. Without further ado, here are the specs.

5.6" Dalian Good Display
480p Video via VGA modded official component cable
480i Video via composite (work around for games that do not support 480p and cannot be forced into it with swiss)
Original Trimmed Controller board
Original Buttons with squishy tact switches for authentic controller feel
Original C Stick
Left Thumb stick cap from a Wii U Pro controller for better reliability (Original Gamecube caps tend to break down)
Double Tact modded Triggers using my very own method
Internal Official 251 block Memory Card
SD Gecko Wired into slot B for use with homebrew
Lithium Ion rechargeable batteries @ 7.4v 5200MAH
Dedicated Charge and DC inputs
Stereo Audio with Headphone Jack
3D printed case designed and printed by me (treated with Acetone for Glossy-Smooth finish)
IBM Thinkpad 380z Heat sink/fan combo
Wiikey Fusion flashed with Swiss

Now, some pictures!

Here's a Video of it in action

Thank you guys for looking!

gman said:
RedmagnusX said:
Thanks man! It certainly makes the process faster and cleaner.
Did it warp? It looks like it doesn't line up perfectly.

No, it didn't warp. It doesn't line up at the top due to the video wires inside preventing it from doing so. After some extended play time it should close up from the heat.

Are those not 4 18650 imr batteries? total noob here, but how exactly would you get batteries like those to work and recharge?

GiaredL said:
Are those not 4 18650 imr batteries? total noob here, but how exactly would you get batteries like those to work and recharge?

Nope, they're not actually. Regardless, you'd attach a charge circuit to the batteries and use a smart charger in order to charge them.

Protobug said:
Awesome job ! the color is great !
Did you buy an original Yuv cable for the 480p video ? :D

Thank you. It's an original PCB from an Original D Terminal Cable. I didn't buy it for this though, I actually had it lying around.

bentomo said:
Nice job once again! What's your preferred retailer for the lcd? Alibaba?

I buy my screens from Dalian Good Display on Aliexpress.

lyberty5 said:
I really like the look of your case, so boxy :p
Thank you. :)

Back