Gameboy Fusion - Interest check

jeffslot

Hi,

I'm the owner of the below. I bought it directly from ashen a few years back. Sadly, I just don't use it very much - even though it is a thing of beauty. I'm not very active on this forum, but some people might remember me from the benheck forum.

Anyways, if you have any interest in this item, let me know. Thanks. I would really only like to sell (or possibly trade) it to an established user. As far as I can tell, it is working 100 %, but I'd feel better if it went to someone that could potentially fix it up, if anything went wrong in the future.

HFdDUuP.jpg

Don't really have anything particular in mind. It would have to be something of relatively equal value, and something interesting.

what is the value? I have a newly built raspberry pi3 girl which the case was 3d printed. it's running emulation station with games.

Thanks for the offer jmb57 - I already actually have something similar to that (and a 3d printer). Seems like a very good question. Anyone care to give an opinion of the value of this item ?

well i don't really know. maybe you can give me an idea of a trade? what are you looking for?

hi jmb57. It might be too picky on my part, but my idea situation is to make sure this goes to someone that has the know-how to fix it if something goes wrong. I've owned a few of these custom handheld in the past, and something usually goes wrong at some point.

Hi All thanks for all of the interest & helping me come up with an approx value ! Right now my first preference would be to trade this for something equally of interest/value. I have received one decent offer that I'm still contemplating, but I'm now valuing this at around $700.

To be fair, Ashen is very humble about his pricing & honestly could have charged $700 for his work. In that thread you linked it also seems Ashen was clearing old stock to make money for more projects, he wasn't exactly strictly trying to profit big time off his sale, but get it off so he could afford to do more. this console is one of a kind & has not been replicated, as time ages it only gets more expensive in my opinion especially if it isn't damaged at all.
he's reselling a limited edition console, he can try to turn a profit if he chooses too. If Ben Roethlisberger signs your jersey it doesn't degrade the price, does it? I'm not trying to tell you specifically to buy this portable, but I at least have to defend that price to some degree, although I believe lowering the price will probably get him the sale from another buyer sooner.
Also, love the work magnus. keep it up, been in this scene since 2008 and I love to see people actively achieving their goals :')

Last edited:
Thanks Joeyjoe9876 - again. I'm not trying to make any that doesn't want it buy it. And I can assure you I paid significantly more than I'm asking. I also would highly recommend if you can find another Ashen model for $350, to pick it up without even thinking as that is a great price !

To be fair, Ashen is very humble about his pricing & honestly could have charged $700 for his work. In that thread you linked it also seems Ashen was clearing old stock to make money for more projects, he wasn't exactly strictly trying to profit big time off his sale, but get it off so he could afford to do more. this console is one of a kind & has not been replicated, as time ages it only gets more expensive in my opinion especially if it isn't damaged at all.
he's reselling a limited edition console, he can try to turn a profit if he chooses too. If Ben Roethlisberger signs your jersey it doesn't degrade the price, does it? I'm not trying to tell you specifically to buy this portable, but I at least have to defend that price to some degree, although I believe lowering the price will probably get him the sale from another buyer sooner.
Also, love the work magnus. keep it up, been in this scene since 2008 and I love to see people actively achieving their goals :')

I feel as though you're arguing against a point that I never made. In my post, I was simply speaking for myself. I just personally can not justify paying his asking price whether it is fair or not. What honestly hurts it is that it is something that I can make myself. I only wanted it just for the simple fact that it was made by my favorite portablizer (other than myself ;P).

As far as Ashen's sale a few months ago goes, the fact is that he did sell them for that price, the circumstances in which he did don't really matter much imo since regardless the buyers got them for that price.

Also, thank you. It's taken a while to improve myself in this hobby and it makes me happy to know that someone appreciates it. :)

With all of that being said, I wish you luck in your sale Jeff. I really wish I could have purchased this from you, but unfortunately my budget was firm at around $500.

Back