Ever thought of turning a Handheld into Console?

DasXero

Newb
I thought of this while trying to sleep one night. We turn consoles into portables, why can't we turn handhelds into consoles?

I might do this one day.

Me and Bibin made a GBA console using a TV adapter and an SL 68. It has a SNES controller hard-wired up.

Bunch of people have suggested it here and on BH. The easiest would probably be a PSP Go. Just make a fancy box for it, buy the TV out cables, and sync up a DualShock 3. Of course it should also have CFW because there's a plugin that gets around the whole "letterboxed 16:9 when on a widescreen HDTV" thing. That and the PSP Go is just awful without CFW anyway.

gg2282.jpg

gg2286.jpg

If that's real... the guy who made it is a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing badass.

It's just so... right...

Y'know what would be cool? Make a tiny SNES out of a GBA. Like, make a scale replica of a SNES case using the size of a GBA cart, and stick a GBA in it.

I'd love a GBA with real TV out, but those adapters are rare and not very good.

I did see one hooked up to a PSone screen with a Neo Geo controller, looked great.

You could just try and fit a GC + Gameboy Player in a SNES case.

Instead of TV-Outs cant we use signals from the GPU (or w/e) and create cords out of them using existing cords?

There is this gba one that has been around for a long time; thought it was the one Kickback mentioned but I don't see the neogeo controller. There is either one pretty close to this or those pictures aren't present anymore (either being from the site moving or I didn't look hard enough). It's essentially a "console" since you would just put in the A/V out jacks instead of hooking it up to the PSOne screen.

Hermaphroditus said:
Iirc someone made a home console of a Nomad.

You mean Sega, with the Genesis? :dahroll:

I believe Drakon made the "Nomad home system", as it's the best variant of the Genesis.

Which is wrong, Model 1 is.

JusttheJoystick.jpg

Back