Do dualshock 2s work with the PSone?

I think you're right, Kyle, but I've never played any games that use them. All I know is that the Duke controller I have has this weird tendency to require massive pressure to get the A button to work after pressing it a certain number of times, and it resets if you turn the system off and on. And no, it's not related to the contacts on the controller PCB; I've cleaned it multiple times in an attempt to fix it, and the fact it goes back to normal if you reset the system kinda rules that out.

J.D said:
I'm sorry that I don't spend countless hours researching things as trivial as controllers. Enlighten me.

I promise you he's never spent a minute researching it.

johnderby said:
I think you're thinking of analog electronics for analog. These buttons are functional, digital, because they are only "on" or "off". Analog has the ability to change completely "off" and completely "on". Think of the analog stick, for example. You can push forward all or you can push a bit, and the game will act accordingly.

Twilight Wolf said:
I think you're thinking of analog in terms of analog electronics (discrete components as opposed to microchips). Those buttons are, in functionality, however, digital, as they are only "on" or "off." Analog has the capability of ranging between being fully "off" and fully "on." Think of an analog stick, for example. You can push it all the way forward, or you can push it slightly, and the game reacts accordingly.

Holy flax.

I've discovered the secret!

Twilight Wolf said:
johnderby said:
I think you're thinking of analog electronics for analog. These buttons are functional, digital, because they are only "on" or "off". Analog has the ability to change completely "off" and completely "on". Think of the analog stick, for example. You can push forward all or you can push a bit, and the game will act accordingly.

Twilight Wolf said:
I think you're thinking of analog in terms of analog electronics (discrete components as opposed to microchips). Those buttons are, in functionality, however, digital, as they are only "on" or "off." Analog has the capability of ranging between being fully "off" and fully "on." Think of an analog stick, for example. You can push it all the way forward, or you can push it slightly, and the game reacts accordingly.

Holy flax.

I've discovered the secret!
...of how to make spambots say things?

I COULD HAVE FUN WITH THIS.

Back