Beta spills the beans

That board cut will not work. The controller line transistors have been cut off. I remember you wiring the controllers to the U8 chip but that will only work if you have all the controller transistors and resistors near the controller ports.

Also the cut cpu->gpu lines are very picky when they are rewired. The work needed to get it working will be crazy!! Prove me wrong though and wire that sucker up :mrgreen:

You don't need the stuff between the controller ports and the U8, you can cut those off. As well, kibble figured out a way to replace the U8 with a few transistors per line, which makes cutting it off worth it if you only want one player support.

Thenhow is it that when I remove all those components on that off that strip that my n64 won't boot. Then when I put back some of the transistors I removed it works again....

Did this on a PAL and NTSC board. Both of them won't boot.

Have you ever actually tried a board where you removed the controller strip and wire it directly to the U8? So it worked with all those components removed?? By chance maybe a video of proof?? I have tried my share of cutting the board down and know that the n64 boards are very picky and they can decide to stop working any time they like. NTSC boards more than PAL.

Ofcourse if you have proof I will shut my trap and try it myself :dahroll:

I doubt he has proof, but I do think it will work. I trust ßeta's ability to conceptualize working board trims. I do not, however, trust him to actually do anything with it once he cuts it. :p

(For the record, I keep bumping this because I want to motivate ßeta to work on this concept, and figure he will if the thread is always in his face.)

Basement_Modder said:
(For the record, I keep bumping this because I want to motivate ßeta to work on this concept, and figure he will if the thread is always in his face.)
Best joke I've heard all day! :rofl:

PROVOCATION TO MOTIVATE BETA?

110317_obama_laugh_ap_283_regular.jpg

obama-laughing1.jpg

obama_laughing_.jpg

Good luck with that.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
No, seriously, he is.

He ruined MR SC for me.

SS

I am having MR SC right now. Without you. It involves a lot of sunblock and sand in my everything. Also I didn't bring a soldering iron.

Mostly I am surfing and eating Italian ice and reading books on the beach.

Back