Beta spills the beans

In my design, you start to run out of room for controls. Also, I intentionally made it so it would be no more difficult than RCP wiring. There really is no extra work involved.

I'm not having any luck finding a breakout board for the TPS63020. I think some guy made one for a laser, but it's not for sale. I'll keep looking around. If I can't find one, I might try to make one in Eagle, but I wouldn't want to pay to produce them unless I know people will want them and I can at least make enough money to balance out the production costs.

If you could at least get a pinout for a board people could etch their own. And that would be awesome. :D

So, what caps do you need and which don't you? Didn't you say that since we're hooking up the N64 to an amp in the portable, we don't need U2 (the audio amp)? Almost all the caps on the right side are for that, so we should be able to take them off, right?

Yep. You need a cap on each data line, but they don't need to be any special ones.

Bush said:
If you could at least get a pinout for a board people could etch their own. And that would be awesome. :D
This is sort of off topic, but I remember when you were a noob. Your name was bushwhacker and I lol'd at the fap joke. Now you're awesome and all grown up...

I miss the golden age. :cry4:

All this "golden age" talk like ModRetro isn't entering a better age. All these people that grew up? They are paving the way to the next age, the Golden-er age!

SS

ShockSlayer said:
All this "golden age" talk like ModRetro isn't entering a better age. All these people that grew up? They are paving the way to the next age, the Golden-er age!

SS
It's is all about the platinum age...
On a serious note, I think it is great that a lot of people are challenging themselves to make better portables.

Stranger491 said:
ShockSlayer said:

SS
It's is all about the platinum age...
On a serious note, I think it is great that a lot of people are challenging themselves to make better portables.
Shockslayer, I dare you to make an N64p without using hotglue.

YbOYt.jpg

ToastBucket said:
Well. You seem to have overlooked the difficulty that is now posed by the 3.3v line. A battery's voltage starts out at about 4.2v drops (to about 3v) as it runs out. 4.2v will fry it, so you need something that will keep it at a constant 3.3v. However, when I looked into this earlier in the year, I found this. (I think this is the same model that I concluded was best. There are more here) Now after getting these, I found out that they are Dang tiny and difficult to solder to.

I think Kibble might be using this or another similar regulator for his remade pcb, but I think he was also talking about/tried to make a regulator of his own (or did he take on off its pcb and make his own?...). This ti regulator is just a single tiny chip? I remember buying lithium protection circuits like that once, I didn't even try haha.

Any progress on getting this thing to run?

@ShockSlayer- if I make an N64p smaller than the TriSixtyFource, will you build another N64p?

@ßeta- I flipped it because a reversed N64 mobo looks funny to me.

psaz4.png

Back