3DS Trigger problems

I have 2 problems with a 3ds (normal not XL) trigger buttons, 1 being the common and simple not working but I know how to fix that and it's not a huge deal.

The second problem being the right trigger always registered as pressed. I opened it and looking inside, disconnected the triggers, cleaned the connectors tried without them connected checked continuity but every time I test it, it shows the R trigger as being pressed.

Anyone know what's up, how to fix it, anything?

wow, that R trigger being stuck pressed is something i've never heard of before. I have 4 ideas of what it might be.
1: somehow when calibrating something (either in the factory or on your own) the trigger might have been set to have it's not being pressed position to pressed (no idea how to fix that)
2: the 3DS might be one of the things that calibrates itself on startup, if you accidentally have it pressed in when it's turned on, it will think that it's the normal position. (to fix that, don't press it down on startup)
3: maybe the button (internal, not external) is stuck
4: something got messed up somehow and the tact switch is permanently stuck in.

the easiest fix would probably be to buy a broken 3DS that has working triggers and switch it out. if it still does the same thing, it's a software problem or a problem with the other main circuit board. if that's it, you get the fun of calling nintendo and telling them that they owe you a new 3DS.

Back