Search results

1. S

Heavily modded PS1 console project

Hi guys, this forum isn't very active and doesn't have many members so I have moved over to a different one. If anyone would like to see more progress on this project please go to this link to see it as I wont be posting more progress here anymore: http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/sh ...
  2. S

Case modded Playstation 1 for sale

I have just got hold of another PS1 console. If anyone would be interested in buying a console like the one in the pictures below I can make it to order. It will have a blue power LED and and a blue analog LED, and a professionally fitted perspex window. You will get 1x modded PAL console, 1x...
  3. S

My new backlit, painted and led modded Gameboy Pocket.

This is pretty sweet, nice paint job!
  4. S

MiNi64

This looks awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing the progress! Make sure you post loads of pictures! :)
  5. S

PS1 project. How can I dim an LED? As it is too bright.

Thank you very much for the advice guys. I bought a 2K variable resistor and it worked a treat! Here is the LED before the POT and as you can see it's way too bright: And here it is after: Thanks soo much guys! :)
  6. S

Right here's a little update. Thanks to your guys advice on how to dim the LED's down I bought a 2K variable resistor and installed it into the circuit, I also put both LED's into the same circuit so they would be the exact same brightness and it worked a treat! They are much dimmer and look...
  7. S

I need to buy a PS2 controller

Hi, thanks for the offer mate but I live in the UK. And I've found a whole PS2 controller that I can take them from now. Thanks anyway!
  8. S

I need to buy a PS2 controller

I need some parts from a ps2 controller for my wireless PS1 controller mod I'm working on, I just need the thumb stick modules. Can anyone help? Thanks.
  9. S

Hi, thanks again for the reply, I think I'm going to just get a potentiometer, then just adjust it the the perfect brightness and then leave it inside the system. I have found an eBay seller selling some but I don't know which ohm potentiometer to get, will any do the job or do I need a specific...
  10. S

How do I work out what ohm resistor I need?

I'm adding some LED's to my PS1 console, I have them wired up but they are far too bright. I know that I need a variable resistor in the circuit but how do I work out what ohm pot resistor I need? Thanks.
  11. S

Thank you very much! :) Not too many people comment on this so I thought no one was interested and I was going to stop posting my progress, but as long as at least one or two people are interested I'll keep posting :) I should have some more progress posted up tonight with the wireless...
  12. S

Wireless sender and receiver?

It can defiantly be done: http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=4393.0
  13. S

Wireless PS1 & PS2 controllers

I'm currently working on a project to heavily mod my PS1 console and I really want to have a wireless controller for it. I have seen people make wireless NES, SNES, SEGA and N64 controllers but I've never seen any for PS1 or PS2. Is there anyone on here that has done it? Or anyone that knows of...
  14. S

How to paint?

If you want it to look good you cant use a paint brush. You need to use some sand paper to rough it up a bit first otherwise the paint wont stick properly, 600 grit would be best for this. After that you need to prime it, give it 2-3 light coats of primer with 10 mins to dry between coats. then...
  15. S

These are the LED's I am using: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rectangle-LED ... 43bd001ee5 And I have looked on eBay for a potentiometer but there are many different kinds. Any suggestions which one to get? And thanks for the reply's!
  16. S

Right it's time to start on the wireless controllers! Now my original plan was to turn some official Sony controllers wireless, but I realized that although I think this could be done I don't really have the know how to do it myself. A While ago I bought some unofficial wireless controllers for...
  17. S

Okay brilliant thank you guys :) I'm going to add some more LED's anyway so I will need to buy some resistors.
  18. S

Hoe can I dim an LED? As it is too bright.

Okay thanks for the reply's I'll give that a try tomorrow. If that doesn't work would it be possible to put some kind of dim switch into the circuit? Then set it to the brightness I want and just hide the switch inside the console? Thanks.
Back