Portable Gamecube help!

PC123

Newb
So I have started work on my first portable and I have run into a snag with the disk drive. The copper solder points on the disk drives MB is missing some of the points. Do i just declare this disk drive dead and go for a new one? (I would prefer to use wiikey fusion or wasp fusion but they are sold out everywhere) I have two other gamecubes with working drives that I can take from. Also I wired up the power regulator and I have power, however there is no longer audio? Any advice to a novice portable maker?

Thanks!

You could solder to the traces connected to the missing solder pads. Expose the copper under the traces by scratching off the masking with an xacto knife and solder to that.

So I have started work on my first portable and I have run into a snag with the disk drive. The copper solder points on the disk drives MB is missing some of the points. Do i just declare this disk drive dead and go for a new one? (I would prefer to use wiikey fusion or wasp fusion but they are sold out everywhere) I have two other gamecubes with working drives that I can take from. Also I wired up the power regulator and I have power, however there is no longer audio? Any advice to a novice portable maker?

Thanks!

I just bought a WASP from a dodgy looking site based in thialand I'll let you know if it ever comes cause they have them in stock but like I said they could just be scam artists as their pay app is very sketchy I'll send you the link if you want to risk it as well.

Back